And now, for something completely different!

Uummmm......NO! BOAT= Bust Out Another Thousand! LOL
But she does look nice!

Last edited:
Ooooohhhhh pretty!!!! I would love to have a boat but....too many toys already.

Dammit.

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale..." Best two days of a boat owner's life: the day he buys one, and the day he sells it. No, seriously, good luck, and bonne voyage. Looks like a neat little boat.

A boat is a hole in the water you throw your money into.... or so I've been told.

Your right! However I was born and raised on the water so there are few things i enjoy more than a day on the water. I got rid of my boat several years ago and from time to time still toy with the idea of getting another one. Problem is you either have to buy one big enough to leave in the water year around or you have to buy a boat AND a pickup to pull it around with. most boats on trailers become yard art. unless its a bass boat. And I don't need or want another pickup. So I guess in destined to go sit down by the river and watch all the other people having great days.

While, in my experience, boats do not provide much ROI in monetary terms they are much like motorcycles in that the return is in the joy they deliver. This particular example is the boat that my grand daughter grew up with. From about age two until about age twenty she fished, skied, tubed, partied and otherwise built childhood memories aboard it.

The boat's name is the "Carolyn J" because when i first drug it home badly in need of restoration, my wife looked at it and announced that she wouldn't be riding in it. She relented after the restoration was complete.

So yes, boats are a hole in the water where your money went. However, they can make wonderful memories. Time goes by, now it's someone else's turn to make some.

roy

Spot on Roy! If it's a hobby it cost you money, and it really doesn't matter what it is. I don't think anyone ever made money on a set of golf clubs or a bowling ball either.. If you really want to get your bank account beat up, try building street rods. I did it for about 25 years and don't have a thing to show for it except a lot of good times, memories, friends and an old Ford to haul my old ass around until I die. At which time they can dig a real big hole, put me in the car and burry the thing. There are worse ways to end up.

Back