Another failed MikesXS Part

Quote Teebs [Why you feel the need to jump to his defense every time this comes up I will never understand.]

Not here for an argument It's my opinion. not sticking up for mike, being objective.

Definitely not here for an argument either, just stating facts that are common knowledge in the community, whether you want to accept it or not. He isn't your buddy. He doesn't care about your XS.

Why do I have to thank Mike's for "everything" he has done for the community? He isn't doing me a favor. I GIVE HIM MONEY. For that money I'm supposed to get GOOD PRODUCTS. If they're defective, he is supposed to at least be polite when he tells me I'm screwed. He can't even manage that.

Do you thank the guy that owns the local grocery for keeping his shelves stocked with food? Maybe you should write a letter to the CEO of Walmart thanking him for keeping all that cheap Chinese crap on the shelves... I'm sure he would appreciate it. :laugh:

I know I'm being an ass-hat, but you get my point.

Frankly I'd rather have to scrounge for every part than give him one more penny. I've managed that so far and will continue to do so. If someone else wants to smile every time he tells them to bend over and take it, more power to 'em.

Do you thank the guy that owns the local grocery for keeping his shelves stocked with food?

If you'd been a hunter-gatherer before that you'd thank him till the novelty wore off....

That particular problem has come up a number of times on this and other sites. Get in touch with MMM at 650central. So, the ordering process is kind of a pain. It's well worth it for the product quality and customer service.

A good rule of thumb is "Mike's is a last resort."

MikesXS isn't even Last resort for me...Rather then give him my money I'll have a friend in Canada order from his canadian affiliate. Yeah I pay double shipping but at least I'm not funding that Prick Mike L.

I buy 90% of my stuff from 650 direct or find the yamaha NOS parts.

Mr. Teebs..........my only advice to you is,don't get your blood pressure worked up over nothing,it just isn't worth it in the long run. Some sleep comfortably at night,while others toss and turn.

MikesXS isn't even Last resort for me...Rather then give him my money I'll have a friend in Canada order from his canadian affiliate. Yeah I pay double shipping but at least I'm not funding that Prick Mike L..

:doh: where do you think they get their parts from:laugh::laugh:

MikesXS isn't even Last resort for me...Rather then give him my money I'll have a friend in Canada order from his canadian affiliate. Yeah I pay double shipping but at least I'm not funding that Prick Mike L.

Is calling someone a Prick really necessary here???????? I've had a few confrontations with ML myself but never have I sunk so low to use such childish language.

LMFAO.......good one:laugh:

xjwmx... I'd prefer the third option, which I grew up doing. It's a little thing called "farming", along with some hunting/fishing and gathering (nuts, berries, other wild edibles). Still do a lot of it.

Capt Zoom... yeah, Mike owns 650direct.

Mr. Jack... you should go to this link: What Do You Do For a Living??? and type this: "I AM CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! They call me this because I like to state the ridiculously obvious!"

Obviously I didn't ask for your advice... but thanks!

Cheap and easy parts access is a blade with two edges. Thanks to cheap and available parts (that sometimes work), it now takes a lot less commitment to refurbish and half-assed maintain these machines. Result: demand and prices for the bikes are up and more and more machines are being Sawzalled into bar-hopping fashion statements. Thanks a lot, Lalonde.

Why do I have to thank Mike's for "everything" he has done for the community? He isn't doing me a favor. I GIVE HIM MONEY. For that money I'm supposed to get GOOD PRODUCTS. If they're defective, he is supposed to at least be polite when he tells me I'm screwed. He can't even manage that..

This is a good point but it is reflected in today's society across the board. I come from the age of expecting courteous service and the customer is always right, (meaning be polite even if the customer is an ass) Now we have shop assistants talking on their mobiles while serving, bored shop assistants with scowling faces and attitudes to match.

you don't have to thank mike for anything at all.

Personally it makes no difference to me if some one smiles or not when i get a raw deal

Cheap and easy parts access is a blade with two edges. Thanks to cheap and available parts (that sometimes work), it now takes a lot less commitment to refurbish and half-assed maintain these machines. Result: demand and prices for the bikes are up and more and more machines are being Sawzalled into bar-hopping fashion statements. Thanks a lot, Lalonde.

YEAH!!! Oh wait... :eek:

my MikesXS clutch cable snapped off at the lever this weekend. this cable had maybe 400 miles of riding on it. Its funny how after it broke I dug up what could still be the original cable and it works great. Is there a another source out there that provides generic clutch cables that may work with the XS? Im not funding MikesXS for another poorly made cable.

Are there any other parts you have bought and failed

Last edited:
Teebs - I myself love hunting, fishing, and farming.

On his site, Mike subtly tells you if a part is good. Look for made in Japan. Or maybe Taiwan. Maybe even Thailand. Otherwise the part stands a chance of being a charmingly quaint imitation of a good part.

Dudes regardless of whether his parts are of top quality or not, he should at the very least respond to an email in a timely manner and with some thought to the customer. There are other places like http://www.alibaba.com/ who can make many of the parts "MikesXS" does. All it would take is someone willing to put up the costs and put a fucking smile on their face when there shit doesn't work.
I really don't give a crap if he is shuffling shit to us, we are buying and he is selling. However, I do expect that when I want to know if a product is in stock or not, and I send an email, that I don't have to send the same fucking email 2x to get a response.
Dudes. we are stupid for continuously shopping there. At some point another ass hat will fill the market with a smile.
I could care less if the parts are crap, but really all I expect is a fucking smile or at the very least a reach around when he is fucking me in the ass.
Who gives a shit if he reads this or is invited to this board or that...it's just business and he should realize that in this or any economy he can be swallowed at any time like a virgin on prom night.
I mean really, you sell a part and it breaks,all you have to say is bummer, I'll look in to making it better in the future.
Fuck I wanted to buy $80+ in parts, all I asked was for one thing to be in stock and it took 3 fucking emails to get a response.
That is just shitty business. At least the cigarette manufactures will tell you that their products will kill you before buy them.
People care about their bikes, and the products they buy for them.

Personally I've emailed him twice and he answered (briefly) both times. And the first question was a dumb beginner question before I discovered these boards to use that for.

Just look for country of origin and assume China by default and you'll be okay. Everybody knows about China. You aren't going to get a Remington from China, you'll get an SKS.

Unfortunately yes. But at least he's making less off his affiliat then he is me. And also the guy in Canada is decent and not a PRICK like ML. ML is a jerk of world class quality so that is why I call him a prick.

Mikes always taken care of me. I agree with the griz, right on!! all these little jesse james wannabe's been hacking on the old xs for too long maybe its time they go ruin some old cb's or something. I don't mind the chop but when everyone welds on a hardtail kit, sportster tank,ape hangers and leaves a 27 degree rake it just screams I have no concept of design.

Back