Another intro from Colorado

Pyroladine

Old and slow
Reaction score
Just introducing myself, modifying/rebuilding a 78. I have had lots of bikes but this will be my first rebuild. Started a blog to help track it. I have lots of dumb-ass questions to ask over time. Not going to be a very fast build, got to spread out the costs so the wife doesn't have a heart attack. I am almost 50 so have lots of life experience but not necessarily build experience.

http://xs650ujm.blogspot.com

Brian

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Good luck with your project. Help yourself to our resources.

I don't have a set style in mind. I like the cafe seats but not the bars, I want to modernize the wheels and suspension as much as I can. Strip off all the uneeded junk: wires and brackets. Punch out a rephase the engine, PMA and Pamco or Boyer. LED turn signals, H4 headlight. I guess a modern standard would be the most likely description.

I don't have a set style in mind. I like the cafe seats but not the bars, I want to modernize the wheels and suspension as much as I can. Strip off all the uneeded junk: wires and brackets. Punch out a rephase the engine, PMA and Pamco or Boyer. LED turn signals, H4 headlight. I guess a modern standard would be the most likely description.

That would be a good way to go. Standards are practical, useful bikes. :thumbsup:

Back