Any 2 Stroke Guru's in the audience?

Dot Heton

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a little Benelli/Wards Riverside 175. The piston is stuck and the crank is crunchy when i turn it. It will lift the barrel out of the block but the piston is really siezed.

I can't find a replacement piston or bearings anywhere. What do shops do in this case? Cross reference to other brands? If I could get a 1st over piston, crank bearings and a gasket set I would be golden.

oh gawd yu got a rare one. i do believe they were sold under other names as well.if you cant find anything on the net you may have a prob.

what shops would do is just tell you they cant work on it.or soak up your money and end up not fixin nothing.

as old as it is, ill bet the rings and bearings were common to other bikes as well.piston as well.jus finding out what other bikes will be the prob.

Best bet is to measure the piston size . The pin siZe and the pin offset length and start looking lol
Fill up the barrel with a penetrating oil like wd40 leave it soak for a few days than they should come out

might be worth checking out the ducati and moto guzzi? wards were interchangible with some italian bikes (rebadged) if memory is right.but most of the info is on the net under wards riverside,found a lot when researching my duke 250

Back