Anyone have a Ruger LC9?

I had one, but I sold it. It was my first "plastic" gun and I didn't like that. Other than that it was nice and shot well, it was a little small for my hands though, but if you don't have huge hands it's definitely a top-notch item if you can dig the nylon.

But I went back to a .39special detective revolver for a carry piece and full size 1911's for otherwise.

Go to a range that rents and shoot one if you have a chance. I handled one at the gun show a few weeks ago when I was on the hunt for a pocket pistol and they are nice and small if that is what you are looking for. I am a member of a few gun forums and the LC9 is usually well received.

gemiller, All my guns have some plastic on them so I'm ok with that. See http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65583#post65583

I don't have huge hands and have no problems handling the LCP which is way smaller so that shouldn't be a problem. The LC9 seems like it's just the big brother of the LCP.

You meant 38 special right?

XSJoel, That is a good idea. I always tell myself I'm going to do that, but usually end up reading a bunch of reviews and holding one at the gun shop and buying it if it feels right.

Thanks for the feedback

Anyone else?

Yea typo of .38. It was a nice gun and it shot nice but i have large hands and I just didn't fall in love with it (i hate when my last finger scrunches on the frame, i'd rather have it not fit) over my taurus detective revolver. Nothing against nylon guns as they definitely haves their advantages but I'm a fan of metal and wood for guns ;) I ended up selling to a friend to buy another friends blacked out 1911.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it and what did you get out of it?

Yeah, you can read reviews all day, but I have to handle it. I was in the market for my first handgun, it was between the Glock and Springfield XD in .40. Both were well reviewed with high marks, so I had to investigate for myself. Very glad I did, the Springfield shot and felt so much better to me. But let us know what you end up getting.

If I was going to get another pistola it would be something I could fiddle with, like an 1851 Navy. I have one each .357 and 9mm, which to me covers the git 'er done aspects, so that leaves fiddling. I don't see why somebody would buy multiples of really the same thing. Some super accurate .22 pistol would be fun to fiddle with too.

XSJoel, I have an XD .40 as well. I really like that gun. I really like my XDm 9mm though too.

xjwmx, If I buy the LC9, I'll have two 9mm's but they aren't the same gun at all. Besides you can never have too many guns.

Yeah, I love the XD 40. Can't beat that gun. I pocket carry my S&W 642 most everywhere I go, thats a fun little gun too. Thought about the tiny semi autos before I bought it, but wanted the simpleness of the revolver since it's an EDC

I forgot about this thread. One of my shooting buddies bought the LC9. Good gun. Like a big brother to the LCP with a couple more features. Same trigger as the LCP that takes some getting used to. I'm still thinking about buying one.

22S.jpg

xjwmx, if you're looking for a very accurate .22 handgun, you can't beat the Ruger MK II or MK III for the price.

I'd tell you about my experiences with a MK II Target with an Aimpoint and a Clark trigger in it, but I don't have any guns. Those things are dangerous...:yikes: :D

Travis, do you like the lcp? I almost bought one the other day at the gun convention but I forgot my second form of ID! :/ How would you recommend it for a first handgun?

I like it a lot but it only serves a specific purpose. If you want it for concealed carry and are okay with the smaller round, smaller ammo capacity, minimalistic sights, and really long trigger pull, then it's a good gun. If you want a gun just to go the range and have fun, you'd me much better off with something else. :twocents:

I have an LC9, they are great little guns that shoot well and are easy to conceal. They obviously don't make great target guns but that's not their intentions I think if you have an LCP now you fit right into the LC9

I'd like to shoot the new Rugers, and the XD guns. When I was heavy on handguns, I had a 5 gallon bucket full of plastic guns between Glock and HK USP's and a Ruger P95. None was ever as comfortable as a SIG 228 to me. I shot the Glocks well enough to be top 20 in the southwest GSSF matches, but never got comfortable with how they fit my hand.

XS1961, Are you referring to jd750ace having a 5 gallon bucket full of guns, or nafets wanting to buy a gun at a gun convention?

Back