Anyone have a Ruger LC9?

22S.jpg

xjwmx, if you're looking for a very accurate .22 handgun, you can't beat the Ruger MK II or MK III for the price.

I'd tell you about my experiences with a MK II Target with an Aimpoint and a Clark trigger in it, but I don't have any guns. Those things are dangerous...:yikes: :D

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was selling my MK I. :banghead:

One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was selling my MK I. :banghead:

I feel the same way about a High Standard Sport King I had years ago. In fact, the only gun I DON'T regret selling is a Taurus Tracker in .17HMR. What a POS that was.

That, and I had the only bad 586 S&W ever built. Coulda sent it back and had it fixed (truly horrible trigger, mediocre accuracy) but didn't feel like messing with it. Can't remember what I traded it for, but it had to have been a step up...

I feel the same way about a High Standard Sport King I had years ago. In fact, the only gun I DON'T regret selling is a Taurus Tracker in .17HMR. What a POS that was.

That, and I had the only bad 586 S&W ever built. Coulda sent it back and had it fixed (truly horrible trigger, mediocre accuracy) but didn't feel like messing with it. Can't remember what I traded it for, but it had to have been a step up...

I've got a Charter Arms AR-7 .22 long rifle that jams with every pull of the trigger. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-7 I bought it brand new but owned it months before I fired it the first time. I considered selling it but could never fell good about selling the piece of crap so it just takes up space in my gun vault.

Just to clarify, I HAD a 5 gallon bucket full of HANDGUNS. I also HAD a 35 gallon grease barrel full of Semi-automatic military style rifles. I only had one bike then. Now I have a handfull or 2 of pistols and enough long guns to not want to carry them all at once, but not the all-time high of 33. I also have 2 more bikes a 250K homestead (mortgaged to the teeth, the American way!) a beautiful wife of 14 years, and a wonderful 8 year old son. I miss my barrels of guns sometimes, but life is a series of compromises.

Either really..:)
Over here if You even type 'GUN' into a PC more than 3 times you can expect a knock on the door from the old bill...:rolleyes:

22S.jpg

xjwmx, if you're looking for a very accurate .22 handgun, you can't beat the Ruger MK II or MK III for the price.

I'd tell you about my experiences with a MK II Target with an Aimpoint and a Clark trigger in it, but I don't have any guns. Those things are dangerous...:yikes: :D

One of the best household tools is my MK1. June is the time of Racoon invasions around here and that lil' 22 gets a workout.

Starting with the clip full? One very small hole.
That S&W was a fair field piece also.
The reputation of the single six speaks for itself. If you had gun, a scoped single six is for silhouette shooting?

Starting with the clip full? One very small hole.
That S&W was a fair field piece also.
The reputation of the single six speaks for itself. If you had gun, a scoped single six is for silhouette shooting?

If I had one, it would be scoped with a red dot because my tired old eyes don't deal well with iron sights any more...:(

The S&W (if I had one...) would be for packing when that @)(%*#@)* fox is prowling around my chickens and (loaded with .22 rat shot) eliminating the little furry bastards that eat my bulbs out of my flower gardens.

They'd breach-birth a porcupine if they ever saw my house/basement...:yikes:

It was the Japanese and German Military fear of armed civilians that kept them from invading US shores in WW2. The private collections in the US outnumber any military in the world. Had North Korea been armed with enough real guns during the Korean War the US Army would have been promptly and soundly defeated. My Daddy, who served in WW2 and Korea told me the stories of Korean and Chinese soldiers he found dead on the ground with fake wooden rifles after the battles in which he fought.

During the Cold War, it was always apparent to the USSR that while they might could nuke us there was no way they could take us and still leave anything worth having.

Travis do you like your xd9? I was also thinking about picking one of those up for my first handgun.

nafets, I have an XD40 and an XDM9 and love them both.. I would highly highly recommend either an XD or XDM in either 9mm or 40cal as a first handgun. Actually I have a couple of friends who have purchased them after shooting mine. They are great guns!

I work in the QA dept. of a ammo manufacturer. The rugers generally hold up pretty well but, not as well as the sigs or the glocks. Yes i know they are all polymer guns but, They really hold up. Except for stuff like trigger springs and little stuff like that. (Ido the repairs) The Glocks especially hold up well. Their ugly and they feel like they are going to fly apart but, we've had em working for 78-79 thousand rounds before we retire em. See we have to function test 20 out of every 10,000 which doesn't sound like much until you figure we produce 1,000,000 to a 1,500,00 per shift. two shifts a day. they get a real beating. You shouldn't have any problems with the ruger. but, they are extremely tight outa the box.so if it misfires at first. look at your primers. If the hit is a little off don't worry, it'll settle in.

Back