Anyone seen a simplified Boyer wiring diagram?

Thanks Leo.

Spent the past two days in the garage trying to sort this out. Here is what I have done so far...

I have it wired as shown in this drawing I whipped up. The Green and Brown wires were already in place (factory wiring) coming from the brushes (factory wiring Green/Black. i drew it brown for easy reading). I replaced the three screws with Nylon ones (shown in light yellow) and left the Green and Black wires in place. Then I cut the harness clip off, removed the blue wire (neutral light), wired the white wires up and connected the Green regulator wire to the Green inner bushing wire. Then connected the Brown regulator wire to the Black outer bushing wire. After that was done I patched in a line from my fuse panel so that I could have a 7.5a fuse as explained.

I am not sure if I am doing that 7.5a fuse right, so let me know.

Also, does everything else look ok? I am going to do the headlights and such after I confirm that I can get it started. But wanted to have someone look at what I am doing before I even try to start it or wire any more.

thanks!

Attachments

• wired.jpg
    wired.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Your diagram looks good. It should work fine. The only change might be to move the red wire from the rectifier to the other side of the 20 amp fuse. If The rectifier shorts out the fuse will blow before to much damage can happen.
Your fuse block looks to have 6 places for fuses. Thats good.
When you add the head/tail light just add a fuse and run the wires.
When you add the brake and horn, add a fuse.
If you want turn signals, add a fuse.
The extra fuse slots make adding more things easy.
Leo

First of all, XSLeo, thanks a shit ton. You have really come through for me in this build and it means a lot to have someone that is willing to help out and be patient. Thanks! I greatly appreciate it my friend.

So, last night I was up until about 3am fitting my custom electrical box, drilling all the holes and painting it. Today, I had a friend come over at 7am to finish up the wiring with me. He has taught me lots, but without his skilled hand there is no way this would have been as clean as it is. I know it's not great, but it's worlds better than it would have been if I was left alone ;)

We got the wiring of everything except the headlight, taillight and brake switches done . . . then . . . moment of truth. I hooked up a small gas line and BOOM! It fired after kicking until I couldn't kick any more!

I am including a couple pictures of the junky electrical box that I plan to clean up with more paint and stickers or something to cover the imperfections :cheers:

thanks again Leo!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 2.07.13 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 2.07.13 PM.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 2.07.29 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 2.07.29 PM.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 81
I appreciate the thanks. In the beginning I had a hard time getting it straight. There is still much I can learn.
I help you to help repay the help I have gotten.
My bikes are works in progress. The 75 may never be truly done. I think there will always be something to try.
On the first start up, taking a few kicks isn't a rare thing. Once running, fine tuning the timing and carbs will help it start on the first or second kick.
Sure feels good don't it?
Now to ride it.
Leo

Back