ardcore tail 4inch stretch chain length?

a standard 530 chain is 5/8" pin-to-pin on the links. that means you'll likely need an extra 12.8 links, so I'd order one that's 13-14 links longer than normal and adjust to fit.

This is all assuming the rear sprocket is ONLY stretched 4" further back than stock. Sorry I can't be of specific help, good luck.

Hi bobber,
stock bike needs 104 links for 17/34 sprockets.
So like wannab sez, add 8" worth, or another 12 or 14 links to fit your stretched frame.
Note that you have to use an even number of links or the chain won't join without a half-link.
FWIW, 104 links on a stock bike will run 17/32 with the axle most of the way back and 17/36 with the axle all the way forward.

I use 110 links on my tcb 4' and my voodo 4" hardtails with 17/32 17/31 gearing, I also use a chain tensioner.hope this helps

Hi bobber,
last time I had a clip-style master link fail was 50 years ago; back when everyone carried a little tin box of Renold chain spares (2 master links, a half-link and a spare link) in their Barbour suit pocket.
But yeah, a clip link is the way to go. Once that riveted link is set up you gotta grind the bastard off to remove the chain from the bike.

Back