Are there any x650b exhaust available

nairb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to see if there are any x650b exhaust available the 1975 one. I know there are some good reproduction ones for the xs1/2.

I cannot find anything for the xs650B. Not original looking ones anyway.

Are there any?

Ta
Nairb

thanks MrYeats, I was just trying to see if there is a supply of new ones. Like the ones that can be bought for the xs1/2.
I have the chance to buy a x650B. But its exhausts are rotten and was wondering if any for the 1975 bikes are being made.

I already have an original xs2 and its a relief to know that spare exhausts can be bought for it.

But for an xs650B??

Hard to get these days, been a couple of good sets come up on here in the last 5-6 months but they are commanding good $. Freight is a killer. Be cheaper to get a set made locally

Bought a set with headers off of ebay about 4 years ago for $100, no one else bid :wtf: and apart from a couple of small dings the chrome is real good. Cost another $225 to get then to Auz.

I don't think any aftermarket companies currently make a stock looking set for the 75. Most companies haven't made them exhausts for any XS650 in 25 years or more.
There are companies that make mufflers of various styles that can be put on a 75.
On the earlier bikes the head pipe has an inner and outer pipe that was sealed together. The muffler just slipped on and sealed with a nut and gasket.
easy to remove, just unhook from rear foot peg mount and wiggle a bit and they slip off.
Now you can slip on most any muffler. The outer head pipe is about 1.5 inches in diameter, so get a muffler of this inlet size or the adapters to clamp a 1.75 muffler on.
I also recommend replacing the crappy clamps that come with the new mufflers with Harley 1.75 clamps. A very strong clamp for about $10 each.
Mike's as well as other places have a Dunstall replica muffler that looks, sounds and runs well for a not to expensive cost.
I built my own headers and run some shorty megaphones, runs well look ok and weigh tons less than stock.
Leo

Back