Attaching Carb to Engine

jchristy456

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post so please bare with me. I bought a used bike that wasn't running. I know i am missing some parts for attaching my carb to my motor. can anyone tell me every part i will need to do this. i'm working on a 77.

thanks a lot!

:banghead:

Attachments

• intake manifolds.jpg
    intake manifolds.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 76
  • intake manifold parts list.jpg
    intake manifold parts list.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 69
HOLY CRAP!!! Thats awesome! now i know what to order! I've got everything all tore down now but i will post some pictures this weekend for you guys! Thanks for all your help fellas!

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

Your repair manual has parts break downs showing this, at least mine do. You do have a repair manual?
Leo

All of the parts on the Standard models from 74-79 will interchange.

Carbs differ because they change every 2 years but the air box's and mounts are the same.

The 74TXA/75B tanks have a different Cas cap.

76C Tank is exactly the same as the 77D

78E/79F tank has emblem mounts in the tank

77D has 35mm forks and the earlier 74-76 has 34mm forks

Unfortunately, you can't buy all the parts new any more. In particular, #4 and #5, the tin shrouds that go over the rubber intake manifolds. You need those for support or the manifolds will split in short order. Used and occasionally N.O.S. ones can be found on eBay.

yeah ive been looking all over hell for them.. i think there is a place in appleton WI (mister monkey claw) that might carry a used set. i'm going to call over there tomorrow.

Any from '74 to '79 will work for you. Earlier ones were angled differently and 1980-on BS34 ones are a different size. The '78-'79 version has a notch cut in the side for the vacuum nipple but other than that they are the same as the '74-'77 shroud.

Back