attn: anyone with a lathe a little extra time

pat_in_the_hat

In the learning stage
Reaction score
alright. so im looking to get some grips that match the tc bros forward controls pegs. (the knurled ones)
If I had a lathe I would be happy to make some, but I cant justify the price of a lathe for a set of grips.
Anyway, im looking for grips that fit a 7/8" handlebar.
But shoot, I have a drill press and would be able to drill the center holes for the handlebars.
So basically all im looking for is two 5" chunks of aluminum stock with roughly similar knurling that appears on the TC bros forward controls pegs.

something very similiar to these
0000-pingel-billet-grips.jpg

but I would like them without the throttle cable connection.
Anyway, if your up for this, please pm me. I would really appreciate it.
Also, just like most people on this site, im not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks for looking!

Not everyone has a lathe or machining skills, so it could be expensive. Plus its a one off piece. I just bought a lathe, but couldnt take on anyones project as its my first lathe. who knows though may not be that much, after all its all relative. check out jump street customs under the shops thread. his user name is livingdeadmc, he might be able to help you out. good luck man.

Sizing/turning/boring a lump of aluminum like that is not terribly difficult. The problem is turning the broad/deep knurl. Takes a lot of pressure, and proper knurling setup (proper wheels and geometry is involved)

yeah its the knurling part that i wouldnt do for someone else, well i wouldnt take on any project that wasnt my own as of for now. on a side note turns out my lathe is pre wwll. hobby-machinest is my new favorite site. do you mind posting photos of your lathe either in my lathe thread or even on the other forum. would love to see what you are working with.
-jake

Back