Attn NY guys. My 72 is acctually an 83!!!!!

FastColt

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ok, went to get insurance cards today, ran the vin, came back a 1983. I bought this bike from a guy in ny, no title, obviously because there were no titles in 72. The bill of sale and registration i got from him both say 72. The vin on the bike, motor and title all match. CT dmv will not let me register this with out a title, proper reg, proper bill of sale and insurance cards...

My question is, how can I get a title from ny? Or will he have to get it? And how the hell did this bike get registered as a 72? Dont they run vin's in ny? Help a brother out

INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE out of NEV. You get a title for $220.00 and it comes from Vermont
Broadway went up to $350.00 for motorcycles and cut out a lot of states NJ NY are just a few

I would do research to see if Ct is right. A few sites have a list of frame numbers and years. 72 and 83 bikes are very different. A trained eye might be able to tell you if it is stock and you post a photo. I don't always take the word of athourity behind the glass. Sometimes they are wrong, very wrong.

K today, i talked to the PO, the guy i bought it from. He was more then willing to help me out. My hands are kind of tide because he's a NY resident and im a CT resident. He had no clue that the bike was actually an 83. Monday he's heading to dmv to see they can straighten this whole thing out and get us a title. He said if all else fails he'd be more then happy to give me a refund, that how ever would suck because ive got 20 hrs into this build and a butt load of $$$ already. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

Back