Barn Find / Garage Find

Ya, not sure why, will have to check into it when it gets warmer... I recall some bikes that I have owned in the past has similar issues, however they were handeled under warranty....ha ha, not this time.

Well i think you could call this a barn find, it was in really bad shape when i found it but it least i didnt feel bad cutting it up. paid $300 with title from south western ontario, also picked up a complete but completely dismantled parts bike for $100 from a friend in northern ontario (no title)

Had the $300 dollar wonder running in a couple days but needed a rebuild, so heres the pics of when I picked it up and a pic of the project so far. Im sure some of you have seen these pics before.

Oh ya and when I got it running the muffler started on fire im guessing mouse nest and all other sorts of things hahaha so I cut it off while it was running sounds much better hahaha

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 152
Well I have had a chance to clean the bike up and get the old grease, grime, asphalt and sand of the engine and frame.

Here are some photos of the progress.

SDC10255.jpg

SDC10256.jpg

SDC10257.jpg

SDC10258.jpg

SDC10259.jpg

SDC10261.jpg

SDC10263.jpg

What's the best thread to start getting info on what parts are interchangable between years and models.

Lots of stuff to do.... lots of questions, looking forward to this project.

http://650wiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

I know that you can find some answers on this website. I don't remember on which page. I've already seen a list of parts that you can interchange there.

"Oh ya and when I got it running the muffler started on fire im guessing mouse nest and all other sorts of things hahaha so I cut it off while it was running sounds much better hahaha"

This brings to mind an evening I was helping my neighbor get his long neglected Honda CL450. We put in a battery and some gas and darned if it didn't fire up and proceed to spit out about a bazillion popcorn seeds. We had a good laugh but the bike hasn't moved since. I think he's waiting for me to take over his mess.

Back