Bell helmet save my life

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
New to this 650 deal but I have been racing motocross for 11 years now. About 7 weeks ago now this past saturday, I was getting in some practice in Alabama for a race. I was wearing a Bell moto 6r. A freind of mine wrecked and without thinking I threw my bike down and ran over to check on him. This rather "redneck" man picked my bike up and cut the gas off because it was coming out the overflow. After my friend got up and felt better, I hopped on my bike cranked it up and took off. Lined up for a 60 foot long triple, my engine ran out of gas on take off. This threw me off the bike in midair about 15 foot and landed me on my face. I broke my collarbone, fractured the base of my skull, fractured my left eye socket, crushed my septum, and left me with a grade 4 concussion. Doctors said if I had been wearing any less of a helmet I probably wouldnt be hear anymore. I'm now a believer in Bell and you couldnt pay me to wear anything else.

I have done a digger with a Bell and an HJC. Both done what they were supposed to. My friggin FACE finds the turf when I do an unscheduled dismount (every damn time!) so I'm big on the full face protection. I already have "rugged good looks", so I don't need to use my mug for an asphalt plow.
That's a tuff friggin hit. Glad to hear you're OK.
I get tired of hearing that same old bullshit story about "the doctor said, if I was wearing a helmet, it would have broke my neck" BULLSHIT.
Lids save lives. What is yours worth?

I'm sort of in the same boat. Back when I was training on road bicycles, a cager drove me off the road into a telephone pole. I struck the pole at almost 30mph and suffered many injuries, including a concussion. I was laying there bleeding for a while because none of the passing traffic, rush hour traffic mind you, stopped to check on me, except a kind Fedex driver. He called 911 and an ambulance ride later I was in the ER. When I finally came to, they showed me the Bell helmet that was still strapped to my head when the paramedics got to me. It was nothing but a dozen pieces of foam and a plastic shell held together by nylon straps, but it saved my life. I have been using Bell ever since.

I can even say that Bell has the best customer service I have ever come across. Sending me replacement parts completely free without asking when or where I purchased my helmet. So obviously, I am in Bell's corner all the way.

+1 on the Bell customer service. They really go out of their way to take care of you. I wish more companies were half as good as they are.

Back