Bennie's XS Build

I have not had much time to put in on the Yamaha because of work. I thought some of you might get a kick out of these engine's we installed on this 1946 DC-3.

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 213
bennieblanco;

When I was about 14, I went for a ride in a DC-3. I got to go up and sit in the right hand seat of the cockpit. It was a real thrill for sure. Love the sound of those radial engines!

I love the sound of the radial's too. You know the sad part is a guy who does turbine conversion's to these old planes bought up all the radial inventory and is scrapping alot of the parts and will not sell them.

I saw a pic of a bike built around one of those radial engines once. Should have snagged a copy.

Bennie, what bars are you using?

Edit, NM I saw biltwells! Were you able to make those work on the stock trees?

I'm using Biltwell Low Drag's but I'm running a sportster frontend so they mount up fine. I don't know if they would work with the stock triple's. Hoping to see my frame this week!

It feels like it sometimes other times not so much. Just like any job I guess. I work at a Independent motorcycle shop as a Tech most the time and also do contract work for a company called AeroMetal that does restoration work on old airplanes, tanks and army vehicles. I got the front wheel for my bike finally it has been on backorder for 4 months. Frame should be here Friday. Waiting..

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 227
SWEET!!! im excited to see how the rest of the bike turns out. lookin good.

Back