Best Bike Magazine?

Mellowyellow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys wife said shes going to get me a magazine subscription for christmas.

So i need to pick, I was thinking Greasy Kulture but it only puts out 4 issues a year.

Any ideas?

Moped Mania is my fav. :) Just kidding. The Horse is ok, Greasy Kulture is the best in my book but not out enough. Not too many out there that cater to Jap bikes unless they are Crotch Rockets

the horse backstreet chopper for sure....they cover all different bikes, just about every issue has an xs or two also cool american chops, british etc.... ive got probably about 20 or thirty back issues

I think the horse should just change its name to the triumph. Seems to be the most featured. I say GK or lowside. But that's another 4 issue mag.

Huge fan of Cycle Source. No Machismo bullshit like in the Horse, and no ugly as cover models to get in the way of the actual bikes... Owner rides just about everyday, is cool as hell, and keeps on top of the trends...

Punks right about cycle source. Editor Chris callum is super cool. He is everyday Joe, and rides just about anuthing you throw at him. He just ran the Hoka Hey earlier this year Too.

Any ways, I prefer motorcycle classics, and cycle source. Cycle source has grate garage mechanics tech.

Being into cafe and restoration builds, I really like Classic Bike, Cafe Racer, and Motorcycle Classics. I've found that the English mags are much better than ours even with the modern stuff. Their reviews seem to be much more thorough and they aren't afraid to say something sucks if they think it does. There is a new magazine from England called Practical Sportbikes that came out this past summer. It is published quarterly and is devoted to riding and working on the bikes of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. It has great photo how to articles on all sorts of great useful topics like repairing cracked and broken plastics, GPz600 engine strip, striping and overhauling brake calipers and very clear electrical repairs. It's a little expensive, 10 bucks, but it has twice the pages and much better photography than any of the American mags I've read. Check it out!

Good job jackstraw. I forgot Motorcycle Classics. I don't how I did. I'm a subscriber and as a matter of fact, it is published about 3 miles from where I work. I've met some of the editors and my riding buddy had a bike in the mag a couple months ago. Sometimes I can be dumb.

damn jackstraw, that's about 900 dollars in magazines! yeah, they have good tech articles most of the time. sometimes they are pretty weak though, i have one with an article about how to use screwdrivers.

Back