Best place for stock parts / aftermarket copies

knucks

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am slowly cleaning up my bike, need to get some gaskets for my clutch and ignition cover, for instance.
Best place? I've seen sets on eBay, just seeing if there are others.
I like being able to pay with PayPal and sometimes even free shipping :)

Thanks!

If you're serious about keeping the bike for a while and working on it, a complete engine gasket set is your best option. You will need and use pretty much everything in it eventually, and it's cheaper to get all the gaskets in a kit. Many of us have used the Athena gasket set in the past with good results but I can't recommend buying it from Mike's any more. They've jacked their price on it to near $70. Search eBay and you can find it for not much more than $40. Mike's standard gasket set is another option at just over $40, but unless you have a large enough order to qualify for free shipping, you can, again, do better on eBay.

You're right, their prices do beat Boats.net. I'll have to try them. How are their shipping rates?

I've ordered from Stadium a couple times. Once because I had issues with a Boats order, but to their defense, it was the post office that lost the package. Slippery flat gasket probably slipped down in some crevice. Other part was a clutch boss assay for my '04 Warrior. Stadium was about $35 cheaper. Shipping it not as friendly as Boats, but from what I have seen, you can save more on the part at Stadium than what you save on shipping from Boats. I have not placed a huge order though.

Back