BIG MOUTH with a microphone!

650 Skull: The post you took offense to begins with a quote from the Canadian, telling me to read what I had written, not directed to you, that was merely a coincidence of order. I did not use the quote function, as some people here seem to have A.D.D. symptoms and can't get a full thought out without changing gears into insults and name calling. You have done neither to me. You give as good as you get, as they say. I apologize for the mix-up, but I said what I said about the topic firearms being hugely under-represented when you take the whole of firearms deaths into account.

I sincerely hope your statement about lying has to do with your mis-taking of my remarks quoting you.

Truck drivers work from the DOT rule book too , so that means sweet FA. Your posts make you look like a nut job , I just comment on what I see.

Boy, if you think I'M a nut, you'd better stay up there! As far as you thinking I'm a nut from my posts, I think you are a burnt out hippie pot smoker from yours, which means we have nothing in common except an XS650 and DNA. I don't understand "your kind" and you don't understand mine.

I have no clue what the "sweet FA" comment means. Must be a canadian thing.

It has happened, i read it here........it must be true it is squeezed in between Sasquatch and an alien invasion in march. :D

Posturing, really. a petition of over 100000 people to deport someone was presented to the president is posturing,

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/01/10/...-petition-White-House-responds/7141357830406/

a petition to stop gun control measures is not

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/white-house-petition-asks-obama-to-skip-gun-control-executive-orders/

i listened to your slow dictated small words so i guess my definition of hypocrisy and posturing is totally different than yours

Don't get me wrong. My opinion of Morgan is he is a low life and i do not want to wast any time on the man himself. His style elicits the character of the way the world is, and headed. crap like this on TV is one of the reasons i will not have one

Sigh.

Again (and I learned this in Civics class, back in my young punk days):

The petitions don't mean squat. There's petitions for all kinds of stuff every day.

But here's the deal: again, this is NOT a democracy. Democracy means basically the majority will always be able to force a law or issue, which is why it is also called mob rule. The founding fathers saw the dangers inherent in this and added a system of checks and balances, principal among them:

This is a republic. A republic means that the people elect representatives who make laws which are to benefit the majority of citizens (some would argue, including me, that it's not working that way) and those representatives can be replaced by the people. That legislation is checked on by the Judicial and Executive branches of our government, meaning it's not all that easy to pass knee jerk legislation.

The people can certainly petition the government for something, as in the case of the deportation of Mr Morgan (who I detest as well). But just because a hundred thousand people (or .0028%) out of 350,000,000 (that's three hundred and fifty million) sign a petition does NOT mean it will happen. In fact, since it's not a majority in a democracy, it would not fly there either.

So we here in the Great Satan don't pay a whole lot of attention to crap like that. You may certainly attempt to make a mountain out of that molehill if you like. But in the end, all that's a feel good posture. Until Mr Morgan breaks a sufficiently important law (if his past performance is any indication then at some point he will do so), we are unfortunately stuck with him.

650 Skull: The post you took offense to begins with a quote from the Canadian, telling me to read what I had written, not directed to you, that was merely a coincidence of order. I did not use the quote function, as some people here seem to have A.D.D. symptoms and can't get a full thought out without changing gears into insults and name calling. You have done neither to me. You give as good as you get, as they say. I apologize for the mix-up, but I said what I said about the topic firearms being hugely under-represented when you take the whole of firearms deaths into account.

I sincerely hope your statement about lying has to do with your mis-taking of my remarks quoting you.

I see the post by scrambled you refer to, (I couldn't read it any other way) than it was your opinion and you were addressing me. and yes i quoted it as from you to me.

For the lying, as it stood i couldn't see it any other way. I accept your explanation and rescind my accusation:thumbsup:

This highlights the necessity of using the quote button and smiles to get points and meanings across.:doh::D

Seven days out of the month they should not be allowed weapons at all.

Skull, something else about the second petition: the President cannot issue an executive order that is illegal or goes against the Constitution. Gun ownership is guaranteed by the Second Amendment, this makes it a Constitutional issue.

Therefore if Obama issues an executive order to curtail gun ownership it will be void because it conflicts with the Constitution. That's another one of those checks and balances we have down here. Up here. Over here. Whatever.

I wanted to post this. It is totally from the mouth of my friends mother. She is a retired school employee from Watts in California. She is also black and Puerto Rican.
They moved to Philadelphia about 15 years ago because of the violence in that area of Ca. They have since moved to my area because my friends of work. They are a great, caring family and just good people. He was one of my very good friends. We were both stationed at Camp Pendleton together. I lived in California for about 10 yrs while in the Marine Corps and saw the violence in the certain areas. Watts, Compton, East LA, ect.

Now this is not a racial thing, but I was shocked at what she said. She asked why, all of a sudden, there is this great cause and debate about gun control, especially "Army guns" as she calls the assault rifles. She started to ask why, for years, people in those bad areas of California, (not to mention the other tough cities in the US) were slaughtering each other, school shootings, gang violence, DRIVE BY's, and all the other crazy violence, and very few people even raised an eye brow over it? She also wanted to know why when a politician gets shot, a school of educated white kids gets shot and a quiet school in a small town get shot, that everyone stands up and notices. Yet she had to move across the country to get away from the violence in here neighborhood. A place were she had bars and cages on her own home doors for fear of being attacked and did not let her son go outside because of the drive by shootings that occurred on a regular basis. She said she actually had to buy a bullet proof vest for her son just so he could walk to school.
That's nuts!!!!!

Then she really went off about all the people who bought all of Tupacs albums (and other rappers) and got a kick out of his violent rap music. And the N.W.A favorite, "Fuck the Police" song. She said, "They were not making this shit up, it was real, everyday". And no one did anything about it. The police wouldn't even patrol the neighborhoods, or even go in them, unless there was a murder she told me. She also said that people were so scared, "...grown, tough ass men" would not even think about going into those neighborhoods, yet she raised 3 kids there. She challenged any of those,"... tough asses that talk a whole lot of smack and think they are the best" to walk in those places, alone. "Bet ya won't", she said.

I got lost in Oakland one time, with 10 other Marines, and the cops picked us up and took us out of there.

Now she is a smart lady. She doesn't like guns, but she understands peoples stance. She, however, feels like a whole lot of people have been pushed aside for years that are subjected to violence on a daily basis, but get no help. White, black, Hispanic, old, young, Why?

She said, "Why did it take so long for people to see the violence when it was rapped about on the radio all the time?" and "It was right there in the politicians faces and in their ears, but they didn't see it or listen to it. It was like being caught red handed. Why didn't they do anything then?"
Not to mention the popularity of these songs and movies. And I'm not pointing directly at rappers, but all the songs, movies, ect that have been published since the '80's about this violence. She's right. It was right there all along.

I think she made some very valid points and I think there has been a blind eye turned by our leaders and other people for years about violence. But I guess since it was in the poor neighborhoods, and didn't have anything to do with us, then it's ok to look away?

Last edited:
The hypocricy doesn't go unnoticed littlebill....and I would consider the whole scenario as rascist. Consider where the abortion mills conduct their most business -can you say eugenics? Johnsons 'War on Poverty' may, in the end, have been a war on the poor.

My dad owned a lot of low income housing. His reasoning: poor people need a place to live too. Far from being a slumlord, his apartments were always well cared for and for years they were safe. Hell, I used to paint the buildings etc during the summers, got to know a lot of the tenants. Not bad people, they just didn't have a lot of money and the vast majority were black. It was pretty safe around there, the local newspapers used to do 'puff pieces' about the tenants, mentioning the ones whose kids were in college, stuff like that.

Then in the late '80's things started to change. Dope dealers moved in and they are a devious bunch: hiding behind straw renters, false names, etc. It's nearly impossible to evict someone by pointing at them and hollering 'DOPE DEALER!' The landlord better have proof or the resulting lawsuit could wipe them out. The only way to get proof: investigation by the police and they were not doing their job.

They took to shooting out the street lights etc. so they could conduct business under wraps. The street lights belonged to and were maintained by the power company, they just quit replacing the lights even though they billed my dad each month for the power they used.

My dad always carried a handgun in his car, he took to carrying it on his person because things got so bad. He had been friends with the sheriff, that meant there was SOME police presence. When that guy retired, the new one just basically ignored Dad's apartments and the problem got much worse.

My brothers and I inherited his papers, I have copies of the letters he wrote to the sheriff, the mayors and even to SLED (state law enforcement) asking (begging) for help cleaning the problem up. He offered to supply a duplex building on the property for a police substation free of charge, he would even pay all the utilities etc. I have copies of the letters to the power company about the streetlight issue. Basically, no one gave a shit about the poor blacks and this infuriated my dad.

He finally got the attention of the wrong person, a county attorney who decided that my dad was the source of the problem and tried to seize the property under the RICO statute. That was two years of pure hell for him before it was thrown out, but the one bright spot was that the sheriff's dept finally put in the substation he had wanted for years.

Then, in the late '90's, some church group got the idea that the complex should be torn down and replaced with all kinds of mixed housing. By this time Dad was getting up there and was tired of the whole thing, so he sold it to them (and got screwed, but that's another story), the poor people were put out, the apartments razed and the mixed use stuff built in its place. Thanks to the combination of the incompetence of the local and federal governments and the greed of the church organization (there was a bunch of money and building materials siphoned off), to this day the project is not complete and there are (IIRC) three units rented out of 80 something.

Wow , you guys get side tracked real easy . Went from gun control to 9/11, to politics , to religion , to abortion , marijuhana , now it's about race .

Can't any of you see that it is just way too easy to get a gun ? Less guns = less gun violence . You need gun control and you are going to get it weather you like it or not.

I think that would make a good reality TV show , lets see what those "cold dead hands" types do when the National Guard ( State militia , the real one) come knocking on your doors looking to inspect gun registration permits . Should be a hoot !

Can't any of you see that it is just way too easy to get a gun ? Less guns = less gun violence . You need gun control and you are going to get it weather you like it or not.

If you look at the numbers, the number of firearms in the US has doubled, yet the crime rate has been cut in half. I am not saying it is because of "more firearms equals less crime". I don't believe that for a second, but the numbers are there. There ARE more guns and there IS less crime. I do not know why, but the numbers are there.

Crime Statistics by Year
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats

Crime rate 2011
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...tables/table-1

Murder by firearms. Also notice how many pistols, compared to rifles, were used.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

Justifiable Homicides by law Enforcement
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...-data-table-14

Justifiable Homicide by Citizen
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...-data-table-15

NICS Operations Background Check. Annual totals for gun sale checks.
This is not how many were sold, but how many calls there were to NICS.
Do you also see a trend on the years?

'99 - 9,138,123
'00 - 8,543,037
'01 - 8,910,191
'02 - 8,454,322
'03 - 8,481,588
'04 - 8,687,671
'05 - 8,952,945
'06 - 10,036,933
'07 - 11,177,335
'08 - 12,709,023
'09 - 14,033,824
'10 - 14,409,616
'11 - 16,454,951
'12 - 19,592,303

Please also read this. Look at the link, bottom right under, "Resources For Federal Firearms Licensees Reports and Statistics"
Where is says "Federal Denials (pdf)"
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

And we are having a discussion, so we are talking about different things that revolve around firearms violence, like drugs and race.

And I want to know how many firearms you have bought in the US? Apparently you know the process.

And on June 27, 1997 the Supreme Court ruled that the Federal government couldn't make local sheriffs run background checks on handgun purchasers.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june97/scotus_6-27.html

So you is to blame for it "being too easy to get a gun"?
Read the whole article about the hypocritical Govt.

Could it be that less people are reporting crimes or the police don't bother to make a report ? Think about it, calling the cops can get you killed in a lot of places these days , and cops don't even bother showing up when called unless there is a body on the ground .

Statistics and data never tell the whole story. ,

Wow , you guys get side tracked real easy . Went from gun control to 9/11, to politics , to religion , to abortion , marijuhana , now it's about race .

Strange, this coming from the guy bragging a page or so back about going to smoke some legal weed.

I actually agree it's too easy for the WRONG PEOPLE to legally get a gun. That's why I said a few pages back I support background checks and psych evaluations for applicants. As far as the bolded part: we already HAVE gun control. But I suppose this means you Canucks and Piers Morgan etc are going to invade and shove your draconian version down our throats? Not bloody likely. Last time y'all and the Brits tried invading us (in 1812) y'all went home with your tail between your legs. It would only be worse this time. :gun: :thumbsup:

I think that would make a good reality TV show , lets see what those "cold dead hands" types do when the National Guard ( State militia , the real one) come knocking on your doors looking to inspect gun registration permits . Should be a hoot !

Seeing as the National Guard consists of people like my neighbors and some relatives who also own personal firearms, I'm not seeing that happen anytime soon. Particularly since attempted confiscation from law abiding individuals would be in DIRECT VIOLATION of the Second Amendment.

"Wrong people ", well ,that is subjective . I think there are way more "wrong people " than "right people " with guns . So , what do you think ? Are you a "right people" or a "wrong people" ?

In your view since you think no one should be allowed to own a gun I'm sure I'm 'wrong'. Not that I really care, you know nothing about me except for some words on a screen.

In my view, since I treat the thing with respect, don't go looking for trouble, store it safely, have not been convicted of a felony, am not a gang member or dope dealer and do not need treatment for mental illness I'm good to go.

Then there's my ex wife, she is batshit crazy and has been diagnosed as Type II bipolar. I have seen first hand how nuts she can get. She is most definitely the 'wrong' person to own a gun.

Funny how crazy people always point to other people and call them crazy . Oh, just to let you know , not bragging or anything cause I wasn't there , but Canada actually won the war of 1812 . Look at the St.Lawrence river , Canada owns both sides of it. That was the war that defined the border.

Then there's my ex wife, she is batshit crazy and has been diagnosed as Type II bipolar. I have seen first hand how nuts she can get. She is most definitely the 'wrong' person to own a gun.

Wrong person to have to live around too. Sucks, but that's the kind of people we used to put in asylums. Nowadays, we just medicate them and send them out in the world. Sometimes it works out OK, but many do not like the way they "feel" on the meds, and they dump them, then do crazy shit out here with the rest of us, and are prone to not see anything wrong with it. Commonly, they think everyone else is crazy, and they are the only ones who are sane. I think, from the experience I have had, the worst are people that un-medicate. Always seem like they are much worse when they unplug.
Scarier to me than any gun in civilian hands.:eek:

Nevermind

I was going to comment on Canada becoming a nation in 1867, and being under British rule until then. But I won't.

Last edited:
Wrong person to have to live around too. Sucks, but that's the kind of people we used to put in asylums. Nowadays, we just medicate them and send them out in the world. Sometimes it works out OK, but many do not like the way they "feel" on the meds, and they dump them, then do crazy shit out here with the rest of us, and are prone to not see anything wrong with it. Commonly, they think everyone else is crazy, and they are the only ones who are sane. I think, from the experience I have had, the worst are people that un-medicate. Always seem like they are much worse when they unplug.
Scarier to me than any gun in civilian hands.:eek:
See what I mean about crazy people never being able to grasp the fact that they are crazy ?

See what I mean about crazy people never being able to grasp the fact that they are crazy ?

I can see you have run out of gun confiscation scams to peddle, so your posts persistiently are directed at me personally. Classy.:thumbsdown:

Also: You said it yourself, crazy people are always pointing at other people and calling them crazy, and you are the only one doing it. :shrug:

Case closed, by your own yardstick. :smoke:

Back