Bracing for 34mm Forks

xsPete

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
G'day,
I've got 34mm forks and I'm looking at running without a front fender.

I looked at the Gordon Scott brace but they're for 35mm forks.

Is there anything out there to work as a straight bolt on to tighten the Front End.

omar's fork brace
tkat fork brace

Thanks for that, had a look but these are all for 35mm forks by the look.

When I contacted Gordon Scott he said his were for 35mm but didn't have a 34mm jig, they are the look I prefer but as with the early models nothing comes easy.

let us know how it goes. its about $92 shipped but he only accepts personal checks or money orders

hi guys joe here .i have 72 xs2 and not finding much for a good performance shock the rite length icon has then for the tx 74 75 anyone know of any i already saw mikes xs ones but the only ones they offer for my bike are the slimline and dont look like there more then spring holders thanks for any help joe

xsPete, I don't think the fork tube diameter will matter with Gordon scotts. I think the distance between the forks is the same. A fender from the 34 mm forks bolts right into the 35 mm forks.
Gravelman, Call Micheal Morse at 650central. He's the man to talk to about shocks.
Leo

hi guys joe here .i have 72 xs2 and not finding much for a good performance shock the rite length icon has then for the tx 74 75 anyone know of any i already saw mikes xs ones but the only ones they offer for my bike are the slimline and dont look like there more then spring holders thanks for any help joe

G'day Joe,
A good shock are the IKON Shocks made in Aus. They're are the old Koni shocks rebranded, not cheap but top quality and multiple choices.
www.ikonsuspension.com/

xsPete, I don't think the fork tube diameter will matter with Gordon scotts. I think the distance between the forks is the same. A fender from the 34 mm forks bolts right into the 35 mm forks.
Gravelman, Call Micheal Morse at 650central. He's the man to talk to about shocks.
Leo

Tks Leo,
I had a reply back from gordon that he didn't have a jig to do the 34's so assumed they were different.

I may go with a Tarozzi yet, I can get them in Aus which can be less problems with shipping.

Pete

I've adapted a Sammy Millar TY250 fork brace (http://www.sammymillerproducts.co.uk/30) to fit the 34mm forks on my bike. All it required was a flat adaptor plate at each side to raise the mounting point. I made these from thickish steel and had them chrome plated. I can supply more detailed photos if required.
xs5.jpg

Leo
Hi Leo, That is intersesting about the fender swap on the early and late bikes. I only have been telling people my brace won't fit the early bikes because I sold one to a customer when I first started making them and he said it would not fit his bike, so I refunded his money. I test fit every part I make on a bike before it leaves so I know it fit the 1981 I have here at the shop? I have a friend that has a "73" he just got so I will have to see whats up?

Hi Leo, That is intersesting about the fender swap on the early and late bikes. I only have been telling people my brace won't fit the early bikes because I sold one to a customer when I first started making them and he said it would not fit his bike, so I refunded his money. I test fit every part I make on a bike before it leaves so I know it fit the 1981 I have here at the shop? I have a friend that has a "73" he just got so I will have to see whats up?

Hi Gordon,
I finally got around to measuring my 34mm forks.
> 130mm between forks
> 60mm centre to centre on the thread holes
> 100mm from centre of thread hole to top of tyre (not the same tyre I'll be using but close enough)

How's that match with what you make?

Cheers,
Pete

Back