Bratstyle Bagger

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my newest project-- the first Wooley and I have built together-- and the first I plan to document from beginning to end. It's to be built on the Bratstyle frame I picked up via Hugh and will no doubt have a lot of Hugh's performance parts on the inside. I'm calling it, Spoiled Brat and unless someone beats me to it, I think it could very well become the world's first XS650 Yamaha Bratstyle Bagger. (But, I was wrong once so I guess it could happen again.)

rat%2Bbrat%2B001.jpg

I'll continue to document the build both here at XS650.com and at Billy's Two Wheeled Musings.

RAD! It was cool meeting you guys, sorry I had to run off so quickly though. We'll do some talking when you are ready for Hugh's HandBuilt goodies... :thumbsup:

Not much happening thus far but I thought I'd mention the cheapo seat saved from a trash pile.

Brat%2Bseat%2B001.jpg

It's off an old "harley" mini chopper. In the next pic you can see the bottom with the mounting tab that fits right under the plate welded across the yoke of the frame.

Brat%2Bseat%2B002.jpg

All I need now is to fab a rear bracket. Oh, and build the rest of the bike.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the Bratstyle frame gets me closer to the ground so that the weight of loaded saddlebags and other luggage is easier to handle.
Well the higher you sit on the bike the more control you have over it... at least at speed.
I'm really liking the look, though.

I don't notice the weight of my loaded bags but XS's are pretty ass heavy anyway.

Attachments

• xsnewroad.JPG
    xsnewroad.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 563
  • NewImagec.jpg
    NewImagec.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 328
Any updated photos?
I was just thinking about a xs650 bagger project today
im thinking about starting off with some mustang style hardbags
Any word on brackets?

funny, my 75 is being built to accept a set of SADDLEMAN leather "hard" bags. With a 22 inch seat height and a 5+ inch stretch, it should be pretty sick lookin. When the bags are removed, the plan is for no obvious signs of bags/mounts

Back