BS34 Needle Jet supply?

DirtyErnie

Renaissance Hick
Reaction score
How's it looking out there for needle jets for the BS34's? I've lucked into some New Old Stock on eBay and by working dealership parts networks, but that's not a sure thing the next time I need some.

I'm not talking about Mikes XS, either. I ordered theirs and they were poorly made (.1mm over size, wouldn't fit in the carb bodies, main jet threads were cut wrong), replacements were the same, and apparently I was the 'first person who'd complained' about them. I am officially calling 'Shennanigans' on that.

I've been emailing FactoryPro Racing lately. If there's enough demand, they would consider making jets. Jets would be nickel plated, 'High Dispersion' style, and probably close to $100/set. On the plus side, better mileage and they would last nearly forever.
Discuss?

I ordered genuine mikuni jets for my 34's from jetsrus. Cost about 6 bucks apiece, and they screwed my order up initially but were very quick to make it right. They sell all kinds of jets for all kinds of different models, keihins, mikunis and what not. They also sell OEM equivalent for a few bucks cheaper if thats your thing.

What needle jets do you order from Jets R Us for the BS 34's?
I see series 270 replaced by series 176.
series 176 i see no richer than P-8

??

I don't think any of those places carry the BS38 or 34 needle jets, just mains and pilots.

So, for needle jets, we're either:
- scrounging around for a dwindling supply of New Old Stock from the Yamaha dealers and eBay,
- buying used and hoping they're not worn out,
- playing MikesXS Roulette and hoping their last shipment from china is actually up to spec...
- switching carbs to slides/Ninja 500/whatever

sounds like a turd sandwich to me.

So here's the question again: Would we pay $100 for a pair of needle jets that wouldn't wear out?

Last edited:
No. Cause mine arent worn....and with regular riding and looking after the machine they probably wont quickly. I just shimmed mine as i needed to richen up midrange. Maybe if i needed more than one shim i would look at some different ones.

Posted via Mobile

When they wear, that usually makes them richer. What I usually run across are ones eaten away by gas residue, not actually worn away from use. If a carb set has sat all gummed up for a very long time, that can ruin the needle jets (eat them away). Honestly, before I'd pay $100 for new ones, I would probably use that money for the EX500 carb swap instead.

Back