bs38 needle and seat

I finally fixed it!!! The float had a hole in it. I guess every time I got around to taking it off and shaking it there had been time for the gas to drain back out. This time I tryed a float setting and it didnt work so I jerked it back apart within a few minutes and there it was.
I appreciate everybody that tryed to help. I also apologize to anyone who feels I wasted their time.
I Guess if you drain your bowl before you take the carbs off like I did you might want to dunk the float in gas after you have it out just to see if it will take on gas.

I drained the gas out of it and blew on it with an air hose. I fluxed that baby up and using a soldiering iron, (not a torch) I filled the hole in. I let it cool and dunked it in gas. I heald it under to see if there were any bubbles. I took it out and shook it. No gas was in there so I put her back in.
It's all together and she aint leaking.:thumbsup: Im going riding tomorrow!:bike:
Thanks again

Check the floats very carefully, I have two sets of 38's open and one set of floats was shot. I fixed the obvious leak but under careful inspection there were stress cracks all around the perimeter of the float. Quick test, dip the float in a cup of very warm water the heat will expand the air inside and it will bubble out. My wife's coffee cup worked fine for this. Glad you found it! Mike's has brass floats but I don't know their quality, anyone tried them?

Thanks for the feedback! Not a waste of time at all.....we all share your success in finding the problem, fixing the source and getting back in the wind by your own doing.
That's what forum participation is all about. Best, Blue

Hey Eosdelb....if and when I am testing my carbs , I am coming to you...you got the handle on em now.....maybe you can loan me some money too......Ha Ha....

Check the floats very carefully, I have two sets of 38's open and one set of floats was shot. I fixed the obvious leak but under careful inspection there were stress cracks all around the perimeter of the float. Quick test, dip the float in a cup of very warm water the heat will expand the air inside and it will bubble out. My wife's coffee cup worked fine for this. Glad you found it! Mike's has brass floats but I don't know their quality, anyone tried them?

I just purchased a set of Mikes brass floats that should arrive today. ill report back about the quality of them once i have them in my hands.

Back