BSA Motorcycles

Thank you for posting this interesting vid. The narrator is a bit repetitive and has a slightly annoying delivery BUT so glad I kept going to the end where he talks about the new retro sector and the attempts of marketing men to cash in on the nostalgia for bikes from the glory days of the 50s and 60s. His conclusion, for anybody who has ridden or knows these old bikes, whatever the new Gold Star is, it's not a Gold Star.

No love for the B50? It wasn't as pretty as the old Goldie, but it could dance, and with a cam and just a little motor work it could deliver some serious surprises.

Re. the RE Interceptor sold as the Indian Chief, that's not the only import Indian rebadged in a futile attempt to keep the company's head above water. Velocette 500 singles were sold as Scouts.

I'm not surprised that HD picked up their marbles and went home from flat track racing. For decades they'd managed to manipulate the rules in their favor, then suddenly that didn't work anymore. First the Kawasaki P-twin kicked their butt, then the Indian V-twin did a war dance on the bloody remains. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson about not investing seriously in product development and depending on image to sell the product.

I know this is the wrong thread, but.......(bookends Jim?)
1972 BSA B50T Enduro

1654965616001.png

Back