bucking like a wild horse

You said it got noticeably worse after the new intake and carb, That would lead me to think the new intake and carbs are effecting it. So a bit more tuning might help the bucking.
Usually when a bike suddenly changes, the first place to look is at the last thing changed.
The carb tuning may not help 100% but it will eliminate the carb as part of the problem.
Leo

A VM 36 is a bit big on a stock 650, the VM34's are a bit better. Generally a large carb works best at high rpms and not so good drivability at lowerr speeds. A smaller carb loses a bit at high rpms but the drivability is better at lower rpms.
The two into one intake probably makes this more noticable. I noitced that with the stock carbs.The BS38's I had on the bike pulled harder and it ran good, but the BS34's pull almost as good, need to shim the needles a bit, but it does better just driving around. Smoother transistions from the idle to mid and mid to wot.
As one fellow described one set of carbs as on/off switches. When you cranked it on and hold on to your a hole. But shut it down and it was off. No middle ground.
If you have a smaller carb around try that.
I remember as a kid the trials bikes that really needed smooth throttle responce used a 22 or 24 mm carb. The same engine used in a Motocross bike would have a 28 to 32 carb to get the most top end they could get.
Leo

Back