?? Building a tracker?

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
I've been debating doing this for close to 10 years now. I am at least looking into it and have some ??'s. Will Omars glass work on a Special frame with the 16 inch rear mag, or do you have to start with the standard frame? Maybe there isn't a difference in the frames?

How loud are Omars half mile pipes? Thanks, RD

Your one stop tracker shop sorry I'm not a fan. Needs paint but I think its pretty cool :bike:

Attachments

• IMG00101-20100118-2050.jpg
    IMG00101-20100118-2050.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 150
I think he saying he is not a fan of Omars? I on the other hand have used a few parts from him like those NOS shocks he sells, little pricey but I don't mind paying it. Just picked up his cafe seat, I was all ready to modify it and the frame and.... I did nothing it was seated perfect on the frame out of the box... factor in what my time is worth to me, it was a cheap in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I think it great that you can place an order and bolt a product on with no fuss, I've seen a lot of 650 trackers and I'm gonna say that 98% are using their stuff I'm gonna say almost to the extent that you have seen one asshole seen em all and I'm also aware that this post will ruffle a few feathers. I just like my stuff to look different and more authentic.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I think it great that you can place an order and bolt a product on with no fuss, I've seen a lot of 650 trackers and I'm gonna say that 98% are using their stuff I'm gonna say almost to the extent that asshole seen one asshole seen em all and I'm also aware that this post will ruffle a few feathers. I just like my stuff to look different and more authentic.

Sorry, but a flat tracker is a flattracker. They all have a similiar look with a little different paint job/wheels/ etc.. I see nothing different or special or in your words,"authentic" about the white one you posted above other than the front rotor/brake? It looks like it has TT pipes on it, and a monoshock, and inverted forks. The more I look, the more I see. It still has the basic look they all have. What am I missing? As I stated I've been debating this for 10 years. I'm not a newbie to mc's or flattracking. I used to turn KZ's/GS's into crotch rockets {cafe bikes years ago} before GPZ's/Ninja's/Interceptor's were popular. I seen some of the best race at Springfield/Peoria and a few other place in the 70's/80's/early 90's. I just like the look. The biggest debate I have with myself is do I want to build from scratch, or buy one semi done/ completely done. For what it's worth, you haven't ruffled my feathers either.

Last edited:
Not everbody likes a tracker but if you're goin' that way you'll never run into a nicer person than Robert at Omar's. Cafe shit too. Like a lot of businesses this ain't his day job, pretty much works out of his garage. However, he knows his shit and has never let me down (been with me from the start). all his stuff is quality, AND he knows 650's. Just sayin'.

Back