building my first monoshock

A better question is why build something with a part that isn't designed to be used that way when you can swap in one that is designed for that application?

You're obviously convinced that there's no difference anyhow though. Game on! :)

Admire your pasión my friend,builders and artist build just because they can,not to please anybody otherwise we were factory builders pleasing everybody.engineers have their points ,we honestly dont care

This isn't a matter of art though kiddo.

Would you use the wrong piston rings just because it might work ok?

Why build something to handle "ok" when you can easily make it handle better?

BTW- tell me more about building stuff as an artist...

0_3350.jpg

129563.jpg

0_4598.jpg

IMG_20141113_190849_zpszvldky8j.jpg

Calm down there kiddo...no one is "hating". Sorry if you got a semi...

I was just wondering why you would choose to do something less mechanically beneficial over a simple swap to something better performance wise?

You're seriously going to say "for art"?

Don't Let The Perfect Be The Enemy Of The Good.

Funny thing about art, is no matter what you do someone isn't going to like it.

Really dig the candlestick holders.

Once again Nailbomb...no one is hating.

I just was asking where the benefit is in running a linkage shock in a non linkage application.

Candlestick holders? You claim the be a builder and you don't know riser blanks when you see them? I guess claims don't mean squat. Ha

I am. I like your build. Clearly you don't like questions though. Lol

Usually a build thread is a place to discuss the build, right? I was just discussing and asking a simple question.

the benefits are,see thats a good question ,fun apart,:less moving parts,easy to change or adjust,easy mod,no need to bend a loop to build the swingarm mod,easy to find shocks and the best part i spent only 60 buckets on it ,parts included and it performs well .why change it ,the money i save is on the motor,where art is hidden away by bmx foot pegs[which hold boots on place better than any other fancy cnc cute thingy]handmade fiberglass fenders ,a better capacity tank,better carbs and better brakes,see the pattern here "better"with less money ,thats kinda smart....maybe not ,im just an bilingual soon to be automotive technician 4.00 points which eat engines for breakfast what can i possibily know about it,im not an engineer

....way to completely miss the point of the question dude. I didn't ask for the benefit of a monoshock, I was curious why THAT particular shock?

I'm not going to get into a dick swinging contest bashing your build or its quality...but I will say I find it hilarious when someone refers to custom designed CNC parts as "cute thingy" parts. ;)

Congrats on your credentials (that have nothing to do with the question).

Look bud, if you can't take criticism and conversation about your build, why bother posting it? You seem kind of sensitive about it.

We have very different ideas of art, thats all. I find art in practicality and forethought. Just because it's something built for nothing doesn't make it an artistic revolution.

At this point it's clear you don't want to discuss your build unless it's people swinging on your nuts.

And you're right man...you are not an engineer.

Nope. Just examples of my art since you decided to play up your being the Picasso of the bike world because you can misuse a shock and do some simple glassing. Point of posting? You're not breaking new ground dude. Lots of artistic people work on bikes.

So did you use that shock because it was cheap then? An FZ6R shock is no more expensive you know...

It's all good man. I remember when I was young and getting into bikes and building too. I'd have debated instead of discussing and learning things too.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

if you build something and in your case works well,doesnt give you problems.and somebody ask you why you did it.n you tell him,it works well doesnt give me problems why change it,and he insist that is wrong,:doh:you start wondering "is this dude trying to bust your balls

No, you just keep answering in a roundabout way that doesn't actually answer at all. Lol

Here's answers that would make sense....

- my brother had it laying around so I used it
- it was cheap
- it had the length I needed
- I liked the color

Let me ask another way...

If someone had pointed out the difference between a direct and linkage shock system and how their spring rates and valving differ, resulting in completely different characteristics (which it is immensely apparent that you don't understand), would you have still bought an R6 linkage shock over a direct mount considering that there's no price savings either way?

Back