Cafe Mod, Mikes Clubman/Cafe handlebars: Need Shorter Cables?

Pyrobooster

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings gents,

I am considering purchasing some of these handlebars from Mikes "http://www.mikesxs.net/product/25-0109.html" these are the clubman/cafe handle bars.

Can anyone tell me if I am going to need to buy shorter cables? Or can I get away with keeping the stock ones currently on my 1980 Special 650?

-pyro

You should be able to use the stock ones, just routed differently. Takes a bit creativity sometimes but they'll work fine.

No I have euro bars:

20131001_164231.jpg

But I have clip-ons on my Hawk GT and the issue is actually worse there as there isn't much room to loop the cables around.

Just take your time, undo the clutch cable at the handlebar end, route it properly and making sure it doesn't kink or bind anywhere when turning bars from stop to stop. Same for the throttle, that is usually easier the cable is thinner and can be just pushed forward at bit at the bar side.

I bought the EZ pull clutch cable from MMM AT 650 central..man what a difference from stock.. it was shorter too. just let him know what your doing when you order one. as far as the throttle cable, it works put fine when you route it opposite side of frame and then back around.

Back