can the flasher work with only 2 rear signals?

dimitri

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks all for your help, I'm about done with the bike . It looks as I may get away with only the rear signals. the flasher works fine with all 4 , but just stays on with 2. Canceling unit is out. Is this possible? ps If anyone has a good regulator rectifier on the cheap, it would put me on the road by next weekend.

Last edited:
No the flasher won't flash one bulb, by design so you know a bulb is out. A heavy duty flasher will flash with just one but they draw a lot of current. you could sub in a flasher designed for LEDs that will work.

oh well, i'm going with all 4 then. it would have saved me half days work ,making brackets for the front. i have a sportster headlight and i got to figure where to place them. thanks for replying.

I think the 552 is the number, maybe 533, 522, It cost a few bucks at the parts store and I think it will flash just one light.
On your reg/rec it can be built for about $22. Depending on the year of your bike. The 80 and up A $15 Chrysler regulator and $6.58 worth of Radio Shack parts and a 3x4 inch piece of 1/8 inch thick aluminum plate for a heat sink and a few minutes of soldering will replace your stock reg/rec.

thanks xsleo. 552 did work. as per reg/rec ...the original combo would mount onto the back bone, therefore cleaning up my battery tray on my 83.

The replacements I mentioned will bolt on in the same place as the 80 up.

Back