Carb Sync.?

Will do Pete !
I am contemplateing making the resivours out of PVC pipe.... cap on one end and taper the other end to a point and weld it up with a soldering iron !
although large volume plastic needle suringes would probly work the best I don't have any left from the ranch.... so......
1" PVC about 3"~4" long for the resivours ....just using caps would be allot easier so I'll just do that and to heck with the taper LOL.....
i'll drill a hole for the soft hose in the caps and just use Sylicone to seal them up real good ! hang it all on a small board and hang it on the shop wall when not in use !..... piece of cake !
Thank 2M ! its his design and drawing !!!!!
Bob.........

Bob, as one ranch rat to another, feel free to repost anything.

As far as the reservoirs, I haven't a clue what to use. But, they must be stout enuff to withstand the vacuum, plastic bottles would collapse...

Yeah, that PVC pipe thing should work.

It'd be nice if it were clear pipe. Maybe with hose barb fittings in the ends.
HoseBarbFitting.jpg

Thanks 2M ! :thumbsup:
Hay I have one of those in the shop ! LOL ( just one though!)
lol..... Look out I just found the emot thingies !!!! :laughing:
Bob..........

OOOh ! yes, very good 2M !!!! perhaps at the 2nd hand shops in town eh ?
.....Bob......

While you are hunting parts and pieces at the hardware store to make your reservoirs DO NOT just pick up a 1/4 inch line valve and go to the house. That would be too simple. Scroungers tip I have never seen a discarded refrigerator with an ice maker that didn't have a valve on the back of it for the water line. Another tip aquarium airlines have pretty nifty valves. But geez I have never seen piles of used home aquariums at second hand stores, garage or rummage sales. If the idea of all the hassle of multiple turns on a needle valve wears you out, ball valves are just a quarter throw from fully closed to fully open.

well, This here thingie don't use any valves, so we're safe there ! .... another tip that might work for someone would be to use a cigerett butt filter and stuff part of it in to the hose the cigerett butt will pass air but not oil.... at least not fast..... once it got oil on it ya might have to replace it too
but no solution is perfect ! HAHAHAH!
Bob..........

ok here's 2 pics of my carb Sync tool.... its done all but the hoses from it to the bike.... I ran out'a hose !!!!!
Bob...
Ps. don't mind the messy shop I ain't cleaned it all winter !!!!!

20170412_001501.jpg

Attachments

• 20170412_001529.jpg
    20170412_001529.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 185
I made the resivours out of PVC pipe I had at hand.... didn't have 1" caps so I just cut a 1 1/8" section of the pipe cut one side of the pipe in half length wise and heated it with a torch... I then flattened it on the floor with a bar bell weight it came out quite flat.
then cut two circles out of it just a tad bigger than the pipe diameter and then welded the PVC together with my soldering iron.... drilled a hole in each cap and incerted a 1- 1/4" piece of 1/4" copper tubing for a connector. sealed both connectors and the entire weld with Shoe-Goo from walmart...(best sylicone I know of !) checked for leaks after they dried and then taped them to the stick with the hose on it and pluged in the hose
I added oil from my oil can to the tube because it had dark green 2 cycle oil in it.....
waited for the bubbles to disperse and then put a line where the 2 levels were at for a refrence point....
all I need now is the hose to the base of the carbs on each side and I can try it out ! .
Bob.........

Looks great Bob - and I see that you attended the Maximum Pete school of workbench organisation!

Last edited:
I'm finding I like to have my tools hung up ! instead of hunting fer them in the tool boxes..... it'a alot more convient and I know right where they
are ( usually )
My problem is the shop is so SMALL it'a only about 12 ft wide by 15' long but it does have a bathroom and sink in it ! which is a good thing!
but the shop is so cluttered with diferent projects at the time I can't find anything.....I guess I gott'a brake down and do a thuro house cleaning of the shop again ! and move some of the "Projects" into the back room to give me more room !
the bansaw I made is too big to go through the door so it has to stay put .... I put a Hydrolic jack on it and came up with a shop press too so it's dual purpose ! what I need to do is get an electric motor for my air compressor and rig up a pressure regulator for it so I can run my air tools. and be able to blow the saw dust out of the shop on occasion ! ....
2M you should see the Old fence streacher I have on the beam just outside the shop its older than you and I both ! still works too !
Bob.......

Last edited:
Queenslegs: Ok I gott'a ask How does that thing work ? been trying to figure it out but no luck....
Please explain !!!
Bob.....

Very slick QL - and I see that you like Planters as well.

Good taste...as expected.

Started out building a new bong, forgot what I was doing, and ended up with a carb sync tool. Clear tubes to each carb, they are in sync when the levels remain constant. Then don't necessarily have to be equal, just neither rising or falling. And you get to snack on some lightly salted peanuts in the process!

LOL OK very good ! thank you .... no way your going to suck up oil with that either ! very clever ! thanks for shairing that !
.....what gripes me is ya can't find Heavily salted peanuts now days...its all Lightly salted ! and I like the SALT !
I can eat my weight in nuts a year and have been doing that all my life ! I love Nuts ! their Manfood ! but you need something to wash them down with
and the best thing is Beer or Pepsi...... wine don't make it nore does Burbon..... Beer is the number 1 choice.....no doubt !
now ya got me wanting Nuts ! see how you are ! LOL
C 'ya !
Bob.........

Maxpete ! I missed your Comment on my workbench before LOL
yes I have been using the shop all winter and havn't cleaned it up yet....
I was actually Unaware that you subscribed to this method of orginazation as well..... I read somewhere that its a sign of a brilliant mind with lots of tanassity for searching for the needed tools ! HAHAHHA ! i like to keep my tanassity in shape !
Bob.......

Back