Carburetor Rebuilding - Oldskoolcarbs

i have a 650 yamaha and i would like to get the carbs rebuilt im in miami,fl do you have any idea how much to get them to you. they look great

:agree:
I've been talking with Rick at Oldskoolcarbs about getting a rebuild of several sets of the "2F0" BS 38's (1978 & 79) packaged up and sent together to be rebuilt by him all at the same time....(something he likes to do to increase the productivity of different steps and processes). He mentioned that he'd post pictures of some 6 carb Honda CBX sets which represent much the same thing.

WOW.... imagine keeping sets like those cleaned, tuned & synched!

I guess my plan to have 3 to 5 sets done at the same time might not be so daunting after all ...
to him! Probably a good fall project (when demands on his time slacks a bit). Blue

Last edited:
Have to comment about Oldskoolcarbs. :thumbsup:

Sent off a set to Rick and the results were great. He worked with me on all the details of the job and I could not be more pleased with the results, can't wait to get these back on the bike.

I will certainly use him to rebuild the second set that I have sitting in the garage.

Wat

I'm another satisfied oldskoolcarb customer.

I'm not sure whether to put'em back on the bike...or display on the fireplace mantle. My new "babies"...

Carbs-1.jpgCarbs-2.jpgCarbs-4.jpgCarbs-3.jpg

That's a JBM diaphragm in the last photo above. Rick said they went on and operate smoothly.

See all of Rick's pics for this re-build at:

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/wildmanv65/nc%20xs650%20new%20dia/

Thanks Rick.

Glad you connected with Rick and that you're so well pleased. He really does some incredible work with these great old carbs doesn't he?

Congratulations...you'll love em all over again. Pretty tough to ride a fireplace mantle! Best, Blue

Going to have to add some language/verbage to the original ad...I AM GOING TO HAVE TO START CHARGING FOR REPLACING FLOATS,DIAPHRAGMS ETC.. i "have been" just replacing a float or diaphragm here and there and not even mention it,, but i am getting low on spare parts

The cost to rebuild and ship back is $225,,, rejetting +$20,, if your carbs do not need any floats or diaphragms ..

i will clean this "rebuild ad" up a little when i get more time,, i have a "surge" of rebuilds lately i must get done,, thanks for letting me serve this community and thanks foR the kind words :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey Rick,

I just checked out your new website. Oldskoolcarbs has been on my radar and I have been planning to send you my BS38's. I am really looking forward to having you work your magic on these. I'll contact you through your website and ship em out tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 365
Back