Carburetor Rebuilding - Oldskoolcarbs

Did you ever clean the carbs with soda or chemicals before you used the ultrasonic method? How does it fare?

One small comment on the website; I would get rid of the cursive font and go with something more readable.

Otherwise good work!

did you ever clean the carbs with soda or chemicals before you used the ultrasonic method? How does it fare?

One small comment on the website; i would get rid of the cursive font and go with something more readable.

Otherwise good work!
thanks ,,, will clean it up in the next few days,, rick

Hey Rick,

I just checked out your new website. Oldskoolcarbs has been on my radar and I have been planning to send you my BS38's. I am really looking forward to having you work your magic on these. I'll contact you through your website and ship em out tomorrow.

ALSO YOU Can email me at rick690@msn.com,, look forward to helping you,, rick

Did you ever clean the carbs with soda or chemicals before you used the ultrasonic method? How does it fare?

One small comment on the website; I would get rid of the cursive font and go with something more readable.

Otherwise good work!
i still use soda(soda blaster), spray carb cleaner in cans for all the passages and the ultrasonic..
i used the one gallon dip can when i started years ago, but it wasn't very long before the EPA told them to "weaken" them...

Have used Oldskool carbs before. Probably about a year and a half ago and was very satisfied. The guy called me to discuss jetting and such during the rebuild. I was quite surprised. Breath of fresh air with the customer service you see today. I would use his service again. Nice guy to talk to. 2 thumbs up.
jefft

Thanks Rick! I have been debating on whether to pickup a small ultrasonic from HF, but ihave a nice soda setup and big compressor from TPTools/Quincy. I do a lot stuff in the shop but it is just personal, for now.

Thanks again!

SODA IS JUST FOR THE HEAVY TARNISH INSIDE BOWLS AND outside... those ultrasonic cleaners from harbor don't cut it... the crest dual sweep model i have was about $900 when i bought it.. the outstanding thing i like about the ultrasonic is that you can put EVERYTHING in it,, plastic rubber, etc ... will not damage it

Thanks Rick! I have been debating on whether to pickup a small ultrasonic from HF, but ihave a nice soda setup and big compressor from TPTools/Quincy. I do a lot stuff in the shop but it is just personal, for now.

Thanks again!
thanks for the kind words.. i do not post my phone number on web pages or ebay but it is available when someone someone request it.. lot of guys still like that conversation.. i finally have a reliable cell phone service where i can actually talk from the shop.. we live in a valley in the county, had to by a microcell from at&t (voice over ip service)

Rick is great and his work is excellent. I bolted my carbs on and the bike fired immediately and ran great. Roger in VA

ive just bought a small ultasonic unit and was wondering what solution to use in it as the only one ive found says not for alkali sensitive items ie.copper,brass,aluminium which is the reason i bought it

hi,

one of your sets (from photobucket) is painted black. what paint do you use? high temp or something else. is it ok to powdercoat carbs? thanks for answer

I just had my carbs done by Rick and I couldn't be happier. He called and emailed several times to update me on things and to discuss my setup....pipes, etc. His work is top notch and they look killer. Thanks again Rick.....I'm sure I'll have more to send you in the future.

Matt

Posted via Mobile

Back