Cargo racks

I would love to build my own if I had the manufacturing skills. You made that bracket yourself too? Did you have to do any welding? I currently have no access to a welder. I use to at my old job...but then I went back to school.
Hi Fern,
before I retired I had access to the company's sheet metal shop. I cut the flat sheet at home and had it bent up on the shop's press-brake.
I'd meant the rearlight mount to be bent downwards but the press-brake didn't have a narrow enough blade to make that bend so the sheetmetal guys
cut the mount off along the fold line and TIG-welded it back on at 90º.
BTW the rear shock angle is the ONLY difference between a Standard and a Special that can't turn either into t'other by swapping parts around.
So, as your bike's frame has eff-nigh vertical rear shocks it's off a Standard.

You have, like you said, a Standard with some Special parts bolted and added on. The frame loop that the passenger peg mounts on is the big "tell". A real Special wouldn't have a loop there, just a single tube sticking out.

Loops where the passenger pegs go is what I spotted first. The Special has what looks like a hook.
You have, like you said, a Standard with some Special parts bolted and added on. The frame loop that the passenger peg mounts on is the big "tell". A real Special wouldn't have a loop there, just a single tube sticking out.
Yepp I just looked up a picture of one. Thats cool, and I didnt know that was the case until jetmechmarty and fredintoon (BTW was just in sask today!) mentioned it. Now I can also point that out.

Back