cb 750

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
The old Honda 750's are getting pricey. Just seen a couple 1969 sandcast models on ebay looking for $15,000. Heft price for a bike that could be bought new for about $1500 back in the day. Don't sound like a lot of money now.
jefft

that's because nobody had money then. look at prices of muscle cars in the 60's. now that the market is recovering, things will only increase in price. get em while you can.

Yea, I remember. Fifteen hundred was a lot of money then. Ever visited Cycle X's website. Those guys are really into these old CB 750's.
jefft

In the UK early model cb750's are fetching strong money, though you can still pick up a project for relatively little, unlike xs's which are reaching stupid money for rusted out rubbish, just watched a pile of rust sale for over $600 with no papers, it didn't even have a front wheel.

I'm seeing this as a kinda "bucket list" thing. There's an explosion of biker rides in the TX hill country, many of these guys are recently retired baby boomers, new riders, who now have the money/time to pursue a 40 year old dream. Local shops here do resto's, and they're thriving...

I'm in the middle of restoring a 75 CB750 K :D

Early NOS exhaust systems are gong for $2K, over $1K used. So I'm going with an after market MAC 4 into 2. Some parts are crazy expensive.

Picture this: We had bikes flowing in/out the shop, many were accident jobs. Insurance adjuster would go over bike, mark-down replacements, scratch here, ding there. We would replace complete exhausts, handlebars, tanks, side covers, front ends. Just for cosmetics. Then toss it all out to the HUGE dumpster out back. I'm now thinking: Map of old garbage dump, metal detector, backhoe...

Back