chopper kickstand ideas

I haven't done it yet but I will be at this stage soon, once my new tires are mounted on my bobber. I don't like the idea of a bolt on stand and some others look very weak. I think I'll see what can be done with the stock stand, even though mine is very squirrely, don't know if it is bent or what. I read a magazine road test from when it was new, they had big complaints about the stand back then. Anyways, I think it's worth a try to see if some bends could get it sorted out, and then adjust the length and change the foot.

Scott

I took my stock stand and ground the welds off the bracket. Moved it slightly to take the heavy lean out of the bike and re-welded. Worked like a charm. IMG_2362.JPG kickstand.JPG

Im running a 21" front with springer and a 16" rear so what i see is the ground clearance is a little high towards the front (by maybe 1/2"). So Im thinking a longer kickstand would hold it better than a short one. Also I shaved off the kickstand mounts because I didnt like the stock one, now im kinda regretting it because i have seen some cool mods on the stock one. Oh well, gotta move on and weld a kickstand. Keep them coming guys!! help with ideas!!

Thanks to the ones that already submitted yours, Im getting ideas already!

It doesn't have to be a stock stand and bracket from a Yamaha. I've seen some really nice frame mods using pieces from a Suzuki. My buddy installed the kickstand and forward control brackets and controls. Looked very clean and worked awesome. He got the parts off a frame at a MC salvage yard.

Back