Clutch Hub Bushing Wear Tolerance?

123petey

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
just a quick question - is there supposed to be a bit of a wobble in the clutch basket when mounted on the bushing? Does the copper sleeve in the basket wear? Is there a wear tolerance if so? I would think it shouldn’t have any movement. I’m not missing any washers and it’s not a movement forward or backward, it’s definitely a gap from bushing to copper sleeve. Thanks

6E42F00C-0B2D-4ADB-99C3-126C13BE6053.jpeg

Ok, thanks. That was a lot of material. My basket definitely has play like Robin showed. I can definitely fit a .05mm feeler in the gap. Here’s a pic showing daylight. There is no play anywhere else in the clutch assembly it’s definitely just right there with the copper sleeve and bushing. I figure the bushing doesn’t wear much and it needs to be the copper sleeve but I couldn’t find tolerances in any manuals. In his case it was a rattle sound and he fixed it with packing the needle bearing and didn’t seem to care about the play in the basket. So is this play normal? Personally, I don’t like how much friction it causes when it meets the crank. Not seeing any part numbers for the copper sleeve so I imagine it’s gonna be a custom job or find a better basket...

Back