clutch springs

Jaydela180

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've gathered from previous threads, mikes springs are garbage. And mmm selection of versah, ferodo or Barnett are the way to go. No one seemed to say much about ebc springs which seem to be available at a lot of different places. Claim to be 10% stronger than stock. Any thoughts?

They'll probably be fine. I'm betting any known brand name will top those no-name generic (poor excuses for) springs that Mike's sells, lol.

the springs I replaced in my clutch were blue. I have assumed stock, so I baught mikes springs. seems fine. xsjohn approved.

I have a set of Kibble White springs. The package they came in said they were 70 lb springs. I assume that means at installed height. I don't recall if they were longer than stock. They work very well.
Leo

Thanks Leo. Just bought ebc springs. Gonna give em a try. If they are 10% stronger than stock (55lbs), that gets me pretty close to kibble strength.

The stock springs may have been 55 lbs when new. After all these years I'm more likely to guess less than 50, maybe even 45.
10% stronger will be around 60.5 lbs. 70 lbs will be closer to 27%.
Leo

Back