Clutch

I just meant through the build process it has lost engine oil and I had a spill at one point. I haven't added fresh engine oil yet, since I have just been tying up fab work, etc. Now getting ready to ride, I was just wondering if no engine oil would make the clutch stiff when the bike isn't running.
kinda dumb question but it was just a thought that ran through my head

I just meant through the build process it has lost engine oil and I had a spill at one point. I haven't added fresh engine oil yet, since I have just been tying up fab work, etc. Now getting ready to ride, I was just wondering if no engine oil would make the clutch stiff when the bike isn't running.

There are no dumb questions - but I’ll admit that you’ve got me worried now.

OK - and this is extremely important:
  • Check the oil with the dipstick before starting the engine again.
If the oil is low - pour some in until it is at least halfway between the low and high level marks on the stick. Do not overfill the oil, but do not run the engine with low oil either.

The oil is extremely important for both lubrication and cooling and so it is vital that the engine oil be clean and plentiful.

Low engine oil could, I suppose make the clutch stiff - but it WILL definitely do a heck of a lot of damage to your engine and so the clutch problem will vanish in importance as you’ll be rebuilding that engine.

Pete

Last edited:
Back