Cool 2 stroke Yamaha

CorradoG60

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a couple buddies and myself were doing car and bike stuff in my drive way when this dude on this cool bobber drove by and decided to stop in and hang out. He had and 80 something yamaha 350...from what I remember (drinking beers in the driveway.) I didn't get any pics, my bad. He took off, went home and returned with a sick brat style YDS I wanna say. It was a 250. Well here are some of the pics. Bike is nice! PS don't mind the VW's I just have a lot of friends that drive them and I work on them.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

And towards the end of the day a nice smokey burn out in my garage...hope this works

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v73/corrado90/?action=view&current=016.mp4&newest=1

That's a cool scene with cool guys, especially a guy in a hunting shirt.

Ma. would be a cool place if it wasn't for the effect of Boston on it I think.

That's a cool scene with cool guys, especially a guy in a hunting shirt.

Ha ha, that's me in the realtree. My future brother in law and I gutted a 40lb doe my fiancee got thursday night while I was in hunter ed. class with her son....she got it off a lady that hit it in the head that was driving infront of her :laugh: Mass. is getting worse by the year, but we do what we can do.

Let me know if that vid works

I'm thinking about doing some kind of psychotic build with this Yamaha IT400 2-stroke I picked up as a panic-buy at the start of the pandemic. I was sure that dirt bikes would be the difference between life and death. Turns out, 400cc of 2-stroke is way more power than I can use tottering about the farm in hilly, woodsy western Pennsylvania. But I've been looking around online and I found a few people who have made different 2-stroke bobbers and I'm going to give it a try.

Not things I know about but I have heard that 2 Stroke Dirt bikes Motocross Husqvarna
Back then mid 70 ies did not like to go on the road.
The more or less constant Throttle was the problem as i Understand it as on the highway
Overheating I believe was the problem. Piston seizing or getting a hole
On the other hand 2 strokes over all had problems
Again this is a reputation but the person telling it was heavily into Cars and Bikes
Petrol head Into tuning and spending time in the garage
Others might come in
First time I heard of it I believe was from France putting road tires on off road bikes
for City Use Perhaps 4 strokes
Looked awkward but as I understand evolved to Adventure bikes.
Seen one fall over doing quick turns on a grassy field.

Your IT400 will do ok on the street. The IT400 had lights etc and ran fine on the street. I'm making sure the engine mounts on Mutley will take the 400 motor.

The major problem with the 400 is getting the damn thing started.

Back