Wanted - Cost estimate for 79 xs650 special 7,000 miles

ace79xs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Michigan and I thinking of putting my bike up for sale.
Can you guys give me a fair estimate on what a good condition bike would go for?
I have done many updates but it is original. The only thing not original is that I did the banshee swap. It would need to be pick up only.
Thanks

Attachments

• 79xs650SF.jpg
    79xs650SF.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I've seen less that they wanted 2500 for. Some ask around 3500 for a nice one, I don't know if they get it. This time of year, you might try ebay. You will get a lot of looks on this one.

Thanks for reply. I might try eBay. I don't really want to sell her. I bought parts to turn it into a bobber. I never drove her last year and I am saving up to take my family on vacation next year. I will either sell the extra parts with the bike or on here.

Just looked at NADA prices for 1979 Yamaha XS650 2F and this is how they see it:
Excellent $4,610
Very Good $2,495
Good $1,410
Fair $925
Poor N/A

I've never seen a stock Special priced higher than $3500 but maybe I've never seen an "Excellent" XS650.

Thank you Just Plain Bill. I would agree with your estimates. I was looking for an idea of what to sell it for but then my wife actually talked me out of selling it. She said I shouldn't get rid of something I really enjoy toying with unless we really needed the money. I couldn't argue with her on this especially after I took it for another ride.

Back