Could one of the electrics Guru's please check this is OK??

Airwolfie

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
As per title, a friend of mine wired up my engine, and this is the diagram he made. Please let me know if it is OK?

Going batteryless and kick only, running a Boyer ignition and Power box.

14616619926_9ebf87f92b_b.jpg

Is there a capacitor on the bike because it isn't shown on the diagram? Also, you are going to have a hard time using a horn at idle if it will work at all. Finally, you need a switch on your headlight/stoplight circuits to turn them off until the bike is running. Otherwise, you lights will drain the power before you can kick the bike over.

IMHO at least a small battery in the circuit is well worth the effort. Electronics HATE voltage surges, they will pack up and go home. A battery helps absorb them and will make starting easier and more of a sure thing.
Search capacitor and pamco, there are a LOT of threads about dead electronics.

I assume the power box is the reg/rec. If so I agree with FrkyMnky and gggGary. You need a battery or cap.
Most states require the lights to be on for a length of time with out the bike running. How do people get away with caps anyway.
Leo

Sorry if I didn't mention it, but the power box DOES have caps in it. I was told by Boyer I can run this without a battery. I might reconsider now that you say it would be better, perhaps one of those small batteries so I can hide it somewhere.

The light and aux wiring will have switches where appropriate, I mainly just want to know if this would get me to kick her over. I haven't done any of the lights or horns yet, just the motor side.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll take all of it on board!!

Back