Crimping Tools

Here's a nice short, but dull video explaining how to crimp open barrel pins.
I just bought one of those ratcheting crimpers and I was having a real be atch of a time trying to figure it out easy peasy now that I've seen it done Thanks for the vid
The only thing I don't like about the crimper I bought is once you have it crimped down you got to apply downward pressure while sticking your little finger in there to open it back up again not a lot of room for a finger
Edit finger in between the handles maybe it's just me I need to practice some more probably

On mine, once you fully crimp it all the way down it releases. But if you dont complete the crimp, then you need to use the trigger release. My biggest tip is to be sure and take your time. Noting worse than finishing a crimp and realizing you forgot to slide on the heat shrink or sheathing first.

I have plenty of connectors and wire so I can practice on a few to get the hang of it
I've only made a few for 18g wires so far
Now after trying a few practice runs with the crimper, I found out that I was using the too small area of the crimper and when I went to the next size up it works great and it releases like it should

Back