Custom Kickstand Options?

Here you go. The square part is to mount the anderson style foot pegs. The entire assembly bolts to the original exhaust mount. also attached a pic of my unoriginal TCBros, sportster tanked project.:D

Tech7 are you the person that built that bike?? I love that bike and I saw a long build thread on it on some other forum. Are you the guy that built it and had to sell it cuz you had a baby or something?
or are the person who bought it?
I came upon that thread for that build when I was looking for ideas about ways to maybe mount up mids. Did mine a diff. way, but anyway I do like that bike A LOT.

Alright well I chopped up the sidestand. taking out the section from the foot to the spring attachment. Still too short. It works, but it feels like a stiff wind will knock it over. So on to the next method. I'll probably just pick up a weld on I suppose. Maybe a hidden spring kickstand.

even after all that I went through shortening mine, it is also still a bit on the tall side - leaves the bike a bit too upright.
Will look forward to seeing what you end up getting.

I notice some people who use weld-on aftermarket stands, they attach them BEHIND the footpeg, like just before the frame rail turns upward.

even after all that I went through shortening mine, it is also still a bit on the tall side - leaves the bike a bit too upright.
Will look forward to seeing what you end up getting.

I notice some people who use weld-on aftermarket stands, they attach them BEHIND the footpeg, like just before the frame rail turns upward.

Yeah that's what I was looking at doing. I am also interested in seeing what I do ha!

Posted via Mobile

Well looking around I think what I'm going to do is pick up a "bolt on" hidden spring kickstand from a local shop and weld on quarter inch plate as a mounting bracket. Tap the plate and bolt it on! Voila! I think....

^^ That sounds like it should work, although you might need a tab a little bigger than 1/4" depending on the sidestand.

Here's something I wrote awhile ago trying to convince myself that it is better to bend a sidestand than to shorten one. Or shorten it and use a longer foot like inxs mentioned... http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4162#post4162

No I understand Trav. I took 1.25" out. I knew that it wouldn't be "great", but I was hoping by turning the bike into the kickstand that it'd be set, but it's still a little worrisome. So we'll see. Maybe I'll run it that way for a little bit and see how it works out. If not I'm just going to remove it and relocate it at the back and use a weld on or make a bolt on plate.

No I understand Trav. I took 1.25" out. I knew that it wouldn't be "great", but I was hoping by turning the bike into the kickstand that it'd be set, but it's still a little worrisome. So we'll see. Maybe I'll run it that way for a little bit and see how it works out. If not I'm just going to remove it and relocate it at the back and use a weld on or make a bolt on plate.

hey, I was wondering what you ended up doing as far as a kickstand?

Now with my pipes, the one I'd made won't work due to hitting the pipe before it can swing up all the way. Gotta figure something out, SOON.

Here you go. The square part is to mount the anderson style foot pegs. The entire assembly bolts to the original exhaust mount. also attached a pic of my unoriginal TCBros, sportster tanked project.:D

Damn! You Unoriginally did exactly the unoriginal setup I'm doing. I really like your unoriginal boring bike :thumbsup:

Back