cv38 carby boots,,,,,,,L&R?

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys well i,ve pulled my cv38 carbys off the bike ,,, and at the moment its misserable ,cold and soaking wet,, so nothing been happening at this time,, i also pulled both boots off the motor ,,,,the right boot under the sheet metal shroud they have ,,had a small hole i think through old age ,,and of course both boots are rock hard,,,, my question,,, which way do the boots go on when re-enstalling them,, because i,ve never noticed L&R on the boots before and when i buy a new set are the stamped L&R,,,and with the new boots will the sheet metal shrouds go on without dramas,,, these do nothave any barbs at all your help would be appreciated regards oldbiker

The holes you are seeing are where the barb was for the vacuum lines when sync tools is being used to balance the carbs. Small brass tubes that stick out of each boot and point up and to the outside for easy access, positioned at the 10-11:00 o'clock position.

New boots don't come with the metal shields so take care of them they maybe re-usable depending on the new boots you find.

Someone must have pulled out the brass tubes.

Look at a place like Babbitt's Yamaha for a parts diagram under Intake 1978 model for reference.

Not sure where you get parts in Aussy Land.

Good luck mate.

The holes you are seeing are where the barb was for the vacuum lines when sync tools is being used to balance the carbs. Small brass tubes that stick out of each boot and point up and to the outside for easy access, positioned at the 10-11:00 o'clock position.

New boots don't come with the metal shields so take care of them they maybe re-usable depending on the new boots you find.

Someone must have pulled out the brass tubes.

Look at a place like Babbitt's Yamaha for a parts diagram under Intake 1978 model for reference.

Not sure where you get parts in Aussy Land.

Good luck mate.
................... hi thanks for your reply,, my carbys never had barbs at all the left boot has no damage at all but both are rock hard ,,and my petcocks are not vac at all sorry but thanks anyway regards oldbiker

hi guys well i,ve pulled my cv38 carbys off the bike ,,, and at the moment its misserable ,cold and soaking wet,, so nothing been happening at this time,, i also pulled both boots off the motor ,,,,the right boot under the sheet metal shroud they have ,,had a small hole i think through old age ,,and of course both boots are rock hard,,,, my question,,, which way do the boots go on when re-enstalling them,, because i,ve never noticed L&R on the boots before and when i buy a new set are the stamped L&R,,,and with the new boots will the sheet metal shrouds go on without dramas,,, these do nothave any barbs at all your help would be appreciated regards oldbiker
...................... HI guys sorry to rabbit on ,,,,,, but i,ve been looking at the carby boots and i don,t remember seeing that the boots had a taper where the carby goes in ,,, i felt sick missing that ,,, do the new boots have that taper as well????? regards oldbiker

Back