Cylinder Head Cover Sleeve

mechanicScott

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
need 1 cylinder head cover sleeve... I just got a motor to start my build and the sleeve that goes through the head cover and has a small red oring at the base

where can I get 1?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqQOKjQE5,71U1U+BOd2lSfhY!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqQOKjQE5,71U1U+BOd2lSfhY!~~60_12.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 171
Look at the microfiche drawings, find the long part number, and plug that number into Google. For example:
http://www.nwvintagecycleparts.com/search-results.php?q=256-11199-00-00&st=spart
They claim to have two available. You didn't give a year, so make sure that is the right part number for your model.

If Google doesn't work, PM me. I'm pretty sure I have a used set of sleeves somewhere, it's just a matter of if I can find them...

Great thanks, I tried finding the Part# on a Yamaha microfiche but the site said the part was not available.. I'll have to try that site, or if you find any I'd gladly buy one.
Thanks

just need 1... for some reason then guy sent the motor with the headcover off and not sure if it fell out before he shipped it or what?

if you guys would like to sell one, let me know

Does anyone have 1 (one) spare cylinder head cover sleeve? In the midst of a lengthy rebuild, I've somehow misplaced one.

If so, let me your price with shipping to 37642.

The same part was used in 650's from '70-83.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
My wife found my missing 4th sleeve about 45 minutes ago in our Kitchen Sink. She didn't know what it was and had contemplated throwing it away. Thankfully, she didn't... :)

Thanks gggGary and 5twins for your PM's.

On the subject of cylinder head cover sleeves, has anyone seen them absent on a XS motor? I am rebuilding a friends hand grenaded top end using a donor motor I had in the shop. the donor seems to be in great shape and possibly original, but there are no sleeves on the stud holes where they belong??

Back