delete this

Read the small print, it states you retain your copy right on material that is yours...............like all contracts these days between multinationals and their "agreed to terms", yes XenForo use the standard my way or the highway, (when you agree to the terms on a site run on their platform), all social media type platforms do this. All copy right from any posted content, file's, PDF, JPEG, everything.

Once content has be uploaded to the site, then any part of or the whole of that content can be used for promotion, commercial or otherwise and it is agreed you give up all rights of the content posted, to the host of the site. You still retain that part of the copyright over pics or written text.......... except to any site it is posted on......... There is a privacy clause as well, and it will often state, (when you agree to the terms of the site), it does not guarantee your privacy, of third party participants active on the site, as their privacy policy may differ.

Reality is the owner of a site owns and controls all content on his site. Even if a member deletes a full post, it can be revived................Ever noticed the "Draft saved" when typing..............Yes you can request for your posts to be removed, may even expect it to be so when requested...............That's a No. you have lost all rights to that content. it is the site administrators choice.

That covers the delete this thread question......................and reason why it is or isn't being done..................

Some would say there is a lot of good content posted...................nothing that hasn't been posted 10, 20, 50, 100 300, times before, not to mention the already loss of pics posted from photphuckit debacle..............or is 5twins expected to re-post in a thread the op wants deleted.

To funny.

Read the small print, it states you retain your copy right on material that is yours...............like all contracts these days between multinationals and their "agreed to terms", yes XenForo use the standard my way or the highway, (when you agree to the terms on a site run on their platform), all social media type platforms do this. All copy right from any posted content, file's, PDF, JPEG, everything.

Once content has be uploaded to the site, then any part of or the whole of that content can be used for promotion, commercial or otherwise and it is agreed you give up all rights of the content posted, to the host of the site. You still retain that part of the copyright over pics or written text.......... except to any site it is posted on......... There is a privacy clause as well, and it will often state, (when you agree to the terms of the site), it does not guarantee your privacy, of third party participants active on the site, as their privacy policy may differ.

Reality is the owner of a site owns and controls all content on his site. Even if a member deletes a full post, it can be revived................Ever noticed the "Draft saved" when typing..............Yes you can request for your posts to be removed, may even expect it to be so when requested...............That's a No. you have lost all rights to that content. it is the site administrators choice.

That covers the delete this thread question......................and reason why it is or isn't being done..................

Some would say there is a lot of good content posted...................nothing that hasn't been posted 10, 20, 50, 100 300, times before, not to mention the already loss of pics posted from photphuckit debacle..............or is 5twins expected to re-post in a thread the op wants deleted.

To funny.

It's not personal Ron, it's Skull being Skull. He does a lot around here and can get a bit touchy when his advice is ignored or dissed..... it's a forum, you know?

Oooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh!

See, Ron? See what I mean about some folks wishing they could piss in your porridge pot?
Well, so would we all so long as you couldn't piss in ours and we didn't get caught but Pete's being honest and up front about it.

Ron, I'm working with a stock harness now that I am altering for a hardtail bobber.

I found this very helpful in making sense of the main harness and what plugs into it.

I broke the connections and wire colors down to three categories, 1, front of harness, every wire and connection at the front of the main harness. 2, midway of the harness, alternator, coils, flasher, condensers, horn, etc. wires and connections to the main harness. 3, rear of main harness, every wire and connection at the rear of the main harness.

I took notes for every one of these categories on a separate sheet of paper with the color of the wires and which component they were connected to and the type of connector, like, female or male bullet connector or 3 pin male or female block connector. When I was done I had most of the main harness sorted out, and a reference to find these wires as I made the connections.

Just another way to go about it, or another way to gather extra info to do the job.

Doing this was also helpful because my harness and wiring does not match any TX650A or XS650B&C diagrams, even though my harness is the original unaltered harness.

A new harness would be just as much work for me and much more confusing than using what I have.

Scott

Last edited:
Scott - perhaps you could post those notes as an aid to other folks.....

I really don't see what good it would do, it would probably only cause more confusion than what it would be worth. My wire colors and connectors were probably only used on a small number of production bikes, and it seems that changes were made often, and not model specific. In other words, it's a cluster f**k !!!!! Old Man Honda would have never done this to me. I'm making headway, I have the battery to solenoid cable crimped and soldered. :laugh: :wink2: :bike:

Scott

Can you imagine what fun it would be if we were working on a bike built by Steinway? Or Stradivarius? Guess buying a motorcycle built by a piano and organ company was not the best idea at times!

And what's worse, I have no supervisor or manager to bitch to. The best guy that I ever worked for, we could yell and literally scream at each other and be head to head on the next production or engineering problem. Years later we only have good words to say about working with each other. Non-union, automotive parts production, can be a blast !!!!!!

Scott

Ron, I'm working with a stock harness now that I am altering for a hardtail bobber.

I found this very helpful in making sense of the main harness and what plugs into it.

I broke the connections and wire colors down to three categories, 1, front of harness, every wire and connection at the front of the main harness. 2, midway of the harness, alternator, coils, flasher, condensers, horn, etc. wires and connections to the main harness. 3, rear of main harness, every wire and connection at the rear of the main harness.

I took notes for every one of these categories on a separate sheet of paper with the color of the wires and which component they were connected to and the type of connector, like, female or male bullet connector or 3 pin male or female block connector. When I was done I had most of the main harness sorted out, and a reference to find these wires as I made the connections.

Just another way to go about it, or another way to gather extra info to do the job.

Doing this was also helpful because my harness and wiring does not match any TX650A or XS650B&C diagrams, even though my harness is the original unaltered harness.

A new harness would be just as much work for me and much more confusing than using what I have.

Scott
wow.That is exactly what I had in mind doing myself. This is how I usually do things. I may not be a wiring expert but I can write things down, take notes, take pictures, then reassemble. I know now at least one other person does the same thing. Thank you sir.

I really don't see what good it would do, it would probably only cause more confusion than what it would be worth. My wire colors and connectors were probably only used on a small number of production bikes, and it seems that changes were made often, and not model specific. In other words, it's a cluster f**k !!!!! Old Man Honda would have never done this to me. I'm making headway, I have the battery to solenoid cable crimped and soldered. :laugh: :wink2: :bike:

Scott
that cluster thing is what I have.The previous guy liked wire cutters and black tape it seems. The schematics in the clymers show me what wire goes where, and its actually more helpful to know the correct route rather than the color.i.e. there is supposed to be red/white to the coils.Mine has a solid blue wire to them part of the way and red white the other. I am going to follow your suggestion.

Last edited:
Ron, I think you'll find the rear part of the harness the most easiest to do, followed by the mid- section of the harness. The front of the main harness and every thing connected to it will probably be the most molested, and there are so many more connections to sort out. If you put power to the harness while doing this, have the coils disconnected and probably the alternator big connection block disconnected too.

Ron, I think you'll find the rear part of the harness the most easiest to do, followed by the mid- section of the harness. The front of the main harness and every thing connected to it will probably be the most molested, and there are so many more connections to sort out. If you put power to the harness while doing this, have the coils disconnected and probably the alternator big connection block disconnected too.
Good idea.Thanks for the headsup on the disconnects.The rear harness looks like it wasnt touched except he removed the signal lights.Its always the ign circuit and start circuits that are hacked into it seems.I really have considered buying a tc choppers harness but I would feel more accomplished getting this one right.I saw there instruction sheet.Offers very little instruction.

Here is prickly................or is it a perception because the op doesn't want to learn for himself...............

Haven't been following this thread per say, have watched the pages climb and regular posts by the regular crew...........A couple of days ago i noticed the op was getting confused around the wiring circuit. .....................I thought a visual tutorial on something i had been thinking about for a while, would slot in here perfectly and should help the op isolate, and using the tutorial as a physical guide, will help the op translate a paper loom to the bike..............because the thread was so long i assumed there had been a lot of progress due to those regular posters helping up to this point, (they usually drop off when op's don't help them selves).

the next day the OP wants the thread deleted as per a previous post, I thought i have wasted my time posting in this thread, due to the request for the thread to be deleted............. so i deleted my post..................

Now i am being accused of disliking the op by the op...................being accused of being touchy when the op has disagreed with me.............Can't remember once where i have even posted in one of his treads..............

Yes i posted a reason why your post won't get deleted even if you request it...................You do not have any control of your posts or threads once they have been posted...............i took the time to read through the whoe thread yesterday.................really nothing much in here. Op was doing, then posting after the fact a lot of the time. Information was forthcoming on parts and how to's only to find out the op hasn't identified the parts properly and when they have been, a whole new set of information was forthcoming.................At one point the op has a manual and a month later he states he doesn't have one....................

Oh well all my fault again ban me, tar and feather me, and a drum roll as i disappear into the distance....................lol

Oh yea......................after wanting this thread deleted, the OP starts another thread with the original heading that as on this thread................Now that is being a ...........

Back