Diesel's XS650

Got some fasteners in the mail. I'm using black Allen bolts for the shock mounts so I turned a piece of 3/4 brass as a washer/bushing type thingy...

evete4y4.jpg

ahugeqy8.jpg

Question: I've been seeing on alot of wiring diagrams that the brown wire on the alternator is hooked to switched power. Is this something I need to do? Here is how I have it right as of now..

8015-81D61E9D1899-389-0000001498DA47FC_zps753847d7.jpg

It's nice having such cool tools.
And having the means to use them.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Question: I've been seeing on alot of wiring diagrams that the brown wire on the alternator is hooked to switched power. Is this something I need to do?
the brown wire that comes out of main switch goes to the reg/rec and other things such as the power in to the fuse box. but the main switch is powered by the 20amp fuse

It's nice having such cool tools.
And having the means to use them.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Question: I've been seeing on alot of wiring diagrams that the brown wire on the alternator is hooked to switched power. Is this something I need to do?
the brown wire that comes out of main switch goes to the reg/rec and other things such as the power in to the fuse box. but the main switch is powered by the 20amp fuse

So I could just tie power in to the brown wire from another leg on my fuse panel...

You know I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. (probably not)
I just went from a diagram that I got from here from jayel
here it is below
my main brown goes to the reg/rec and it powers the fusebox ie brakes, ignition, headlight, turnsignal, but not the charging system.
full

Thanks Uncle Bryan. I'm still learning :D

Btw... My entire fuse panel is powered up by the ignition switch, or main switch. Since I've only got headlight, taillight, and ignition everything will be run on one switch only. So basically if I come out of the fuse panel to power the reg/rec its the same as saying the ignition switch is powering it.

What I need to know is if the brown wire needs to be powered for my alt to work...

I welded in a filet on the other side and ground it to shape.

egevyjyb.jpg

Then I welded the shock mount on and dressed it. Btw I welded these on the inside too so they should hold..

anu9erut.jpg

uqatajus.jpg

Shocks mounted up.

vaheza4y.jpg

I cut off the passenger foot peg mounts and the center stand and took an inch out of the kickstand...

gady5a4a.jpg

Here's how I left it tonight. That headlight still makes me grumpy. I wanted to move it tonight but ran out of time...

eresa8e6.jpg

Mounted up my coils. I went round and round in my head trying to figure a way to mount these suckers then I had this idea this afternoon. Dead easy and nailed the look...

y4ena8ar.jpg

nu8uma2a.jpg

ana3atyq.jpg

enu5yran.jpg

I'm really stoked about this because I've had builders block the last couple of weeks and I think I finally broke thru! Maybe I can get this lump on the road..

Thanks guys. Ya I wanted them hidden but if I pull the tank I don't wanna see a rusty chunk of scrap hanging there either.. I figure its good practice for the visible parts.

Back