Dime City 11" Shocks vs 650Central

OakBehringer

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the 650Central 11" shocks?

I also noticed that Dime City has a set of 11inchers for pretty damn cheap, bout $30 cheaper than 650Central's:

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...me-shorty-shock-absorbers-damper-32-1151.html

Looks like it would be a direct bolt-on to the XS, maybe with some adjustments/swapping of the bushings.

Neither lists a brand name so they might even be the same cheap shocks.

I'd say buy 'em and try 'em. Dime city should have a return policy. $30 is a safe gamble on a set of shocks.

They're $70, $30 cheaper than the shocks on 650central. But really, $70 ain't much. I'll spend that on drinks tomorrow night. Someday I'll upgrade to Progressives, right?

If you want the burley slammers made by progressive, they can be had for $150 for a pair all over the internet. Check Amazon. THere are two variations for the sportster that will both work. The only difference is their travel which is about 1/4" different between the two.

Also, I'm lucky if I'm 140lbs soaking wet- The Progressives Mike fit to me (over the phone) are the lightest they make, which is for someone heavier than me, so you gotta figure those dime city shocks are for the average rider and thus WAY too stiff for someone like me.

Did you get in touch with Mike? I can't remember what I spent or what length they are. Either 11" or 11.5"? They're going to cost more than the Dime City shocks because they're... get this... better. That translates to rider comfort, traction, and handling. Make the splurge.

Thought I would point something out, even though this post is old.
The 11" shocks from Dime City and 650 Central are the same shocks.
The sku is the same on both sites. 32-1151
$30 difference though

Back