Do Bobbers handle?

Bullshit , on every other model the designation letters are short for something , except the "CH " ? Like I said, bullshit .

FUC k me ! I bet most of you guys could start a fight in an empty room . SO , if XLT stands for "TOURING " and XLCR stands for "CAFERACER " (which I already knew ) not one of you guys that keep insisting that the "CH " does not stand for chopped has come up with what it does stand for . So, you tell me then , if you can't say what it does mean, you can't say what it doesn't mean .

X - Sportsters.
L - high compression
and for the third time READ THIS:
C - Competition
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
H - Higher-power or High-compression or Hot.

Wrong again, it was not ,I repeat NOT a competition bike, and , the last letter in the Harley designation never had anything to do with the engine , ever .

street bike, but competition VERSION. just like CR is a cafe racer VERSION. its not really a cafe racer.

do a simple google search youll see that you are wrong.:thumbsup:

Cafe racer is not a cafe racer ? You don't know what a "cafe racer " is, a cafe racer is just a custom street bike , the "cafe races " were informal street meets . And the XLCH had nothing to do with "competition " at all , so quit talking out of your ass , you never owned one . I did .

Read the very bottom of that page, "Factory Fat is NOT affiliated with the Harley- Davidson corporation ." So, even though you found that on the interweb, it has more than one mistake .

But at least you tried .

Cafe racer is not a cafe racer ? You don't know what a "cafe racer " is, a cafe racer is just a custom street bike , the "cafe races " were informal street meets . And the XLCH had nothing to do with "competition " at all , so quit talking out of your ass , you never owned one . I did .

Cafe racers raced from cafe to cafe. Usually straight roads. It's not just a custom bike. It has now grown into a different beast. Maybe you don't know what cafe means? It's a 60's term. I never owned a xlch? Really? I didn't have a 66? Who's ass is doing the talking now dummy? Not one person has agreed with you that ch means chopped. Just because you own something doesn't mean you have the history down.

Last edited:
Wrong again, it was not ,I repeat NOT a competition bike, and , the last letter in the Harley designation never had anything to do with the engine , ever .

so why is the only difference between a FL and a FLH the compression ratio? and since the factory never said what the C stood for it's kind of pointless to argue about it

Last edited:
When I was a teenager my dad brought home a magazine for me to see (and handle very carefully)
A "Motorcyclist" from 1906.
The Questions and Answers column had this gem:-
Q: what should I wear to ride my bike?
A: Stout boots or gaiters, a stormcoat and a tweed cap.
The cap should be worn peak forward, those who wear a cap with it's peak to the back either bought one that is too loose or wish to be mistaken for a racing motorcyclist.
Likewise, what is a cafe racer?
It's any bike that's been styled so that when it's parked outside a cafe folks will mistake it's rider for a racing motorcyclist.

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing. I'll now say it's a term redefined in the 60's. Bikers did race from cafe to cafe though. I think in London? Somewhere in that area

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing. I'll now say it's a term redefined in the 60's. Bikers did race from cafe to cafe though. I think in London? Somewhere in that area

Hi neanderthal,
the Ace Cafe, man! How could a devout biker not know this? It's like a devout Christian not knowing about the stable in Bethlehem.

Obviously a bike with rear suspension is going to ride/handle better, fuckin obviously. But my rigid xs still can scream through most corners and its a blast. If I wanted something that would handle and corner great, I would get a brand new crotch rocket, not a 30 something year old standard motorcycle. I dont think you can beat the cool factor of a rigid bike, they are so much cleaner and sexier compared to having those stupid shocks in the back.

Read the very bottom of that page, "Factory Fat is NOT affiliated with the Harley- Davidson corporation ." So, even though you found that on the interweb, it has more than one mistake .

:laughing: According to who? :wink2:

Since we cannot ask the creator(s) of the identification system....... :shrug: Eh... F*ck it, I'mma go ride my YAMAHA!!!!

Hi neanderthal,
the Ace Cafe, man! How could a devout biker not know this? It's like a devout Christian not knowing about the stable in Bethlehem.

i guess i didnt have the magazine? plus i think cafes are stupid. people putting clubmans on a cb and calling it a cafe or who the hell cafes a cb750? these were small like bikes. point a point b. i like to ride for hours with out my back going out or arms falling asleep. but this is about the ch anyhow..

This is almost worse than politics and religion.

I know.......no you don't i do..............i know...............................

How about if any one can back up their claims then change the information in this link so that it is world renound

Bobber...........Chopper.

I suggest the information be read before any disclaimers, and if there are pleas post some information to verify

This has changed from "do bobbers hande" to "My chopper/bobber/cafe/harley/crotch rocket is better than your stupid ass chopper/bobber/cafe/harley/crotch rocket"!!!

What are we, 6 year olds in a school playground??!??!

Answer the question, if you don't know, let someone else answer it that actually has a bobber!( Yes I know,the term bobber is a very loose indication of what the OP means....)

Stop the bickering, this is getting boring!!!

This has changed from "do bobbers hande" to "My chopper/bobber/cafe/harley/crotch rocket is better than your stupid ass chopper/bobber/cafe/harley/crotch rocket"!!!

What are we, 6 year olds in a school playground??!??!

Answer the question, if you don't know, let someone else answer it that actually has a bobber!( Yes I know,the term bobber is a very loose indication of what the OP means....)

Stop the bickering, this is getting boring!!!

I agree:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

i think you guys are not reading the latest post correctly, its just down to the meaning of ch in xlch. get in or stay out. any response off topic is just the same as the last dont you think?

Back