Do i cut these off ?

Tanks Signal, makes sense, pretty much what i will do, the ones i have cut I knew i didnt need , side covers, battery box, indicator mounts. I was really mostly curious about the two posts on the gusset between the triple clamp stem and top bar.
Mitch

Keep the frame gussets, I don't think they're ugly at all, I've seen uglier replacements. The coil mounts may be removed, depends on what tank you're using, and whether you're using two coils or one dual coil. I think the left side hoop is for the clutch cable or speedometer? I may be welding a hoop back on to replace the one I cut off. I noticed that Paul Robson welded one of his hoops back on during his bobber build.

Scott

Why cut anything off? Especially if you ask what to cut off :D A lot of times people use these for their first build because they're still relatively cheap, and a lot of times the result ends up leaning against the shed, in the weeds. With an old rug partially covering them if they're lucky. It peaked when those make a motorcycle "reality" TV shows were popular. The cool thing now is stock.

Just an opinion, no problem with that. When these opinions get too aggressive.....I do have a problem with that. I do LIKE the hardtails and seeing different ideas for building them. I have no reverence for the stock XS when it was new or now. I do have respect for anyone restoring any bike to its original splendor. These aggressive opinions against bobbing DO stop people from posting ideas and sharing their builds on here, I'd rather not see that happen.

Scott

I got this from a vendor (it cost me $1200 because he never sent me parts I paid for) Maybe it will help you.

Attachments

• 20180624_104856.jpg
    20180624_104856.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 201
Back