DOT Street Tracker Tires Anyone???

Would you buy them now or in the near future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Street Tracker

Dirt Track Mentality
Reaction score
What if I told you we could get DOT dirt track tires typical 27x7x19 and 27x7.5x19 in 3 compounds hard, medium and soft for $320.00 a set tax is included but shipping is not. How many of these could I sell you right now?

Tires 006.jpg

Tires 007.jpg

Last edited:
Pic's look very similar to Maxxis. Have you seen them in person? I've been thinking about them, so I'd have a matched frt/rear. My Max on the rear is a CD3 and I think I'd prefer a CD5, a little harder. Thinking it may hold up a little better on the street. When I bought it from Davey Durelle, he talked me into a CD3. Saying a Max CD3 was the same as other's CD5. I wonder if it is what he had to get rid of?

Chris said they come in the 3 compounds and you can pick which compounds sounds like hard all the way around is the way to go on the street from the buyers end.

Is a 7 vs a 7.5 easier to mount on these narrow rims we use? The 19 inch front mags are 1.850 wide, and I'm going to change over to 2.150 wire wheels when I get them laced up etc.

Is a 7 vs a 7.5 easier to mount on these narrow rims we use? The 19 inch front mags are 1.850 wide, and I'm going to change over to 2.150 wire wheels when I get them laced up etc.

Thats is one reason many only run the 7's as it is quite a bit of tire for these rims, many have 7.5's on back like RustRocket also.

Donny are you involved with these now? Is the 27/7/19 available in the hardest compound? Have they been tested with a durometer to see if they are a CD7?

Dave,
No I am not officially involved....yet, the hardest compounds won't be here until early February, have not seen the tests but will find out what they compare too.

Donny are you involved with these now? Is the 27/7/19 available in the hardest compound? Have they been tested with a durometer to see if they are a CD7?

Dave,

Straight from Chris on the particulars of the durometer readings see if this helps you out.

According to durometer readings I've taken in the past:

Maxxis and Goodyear CD5 read between 54-56 (A Scale)
Goodyear CD8 71-72
Unsure on a Maxxis CD3 around 40, although not a good choice for the street, in my opinion.

GoldenTyre CC4 is supposed to be at 56, although my first shipment appears to be softer than that. While DOT approved, I would not recommend for street use
GoldenTyre CC5 read 62 recommended street option
GoldenTyre CC6 read 68 recommended street option

I will say that the GT is made of natural rubber vs. synthetic in Maxxis and GY. I have found that the natural rubber of the GT's performed softer than the synthetics at an equal duro reading, but didn't show as much wear.

The above readings are for rear tires, as we decided to lower the fronts by 2 points on the duro. Front tires should read 54, 60, and 66 on the GoldenTyre.

Yes i was there Just met Chris to day at the Cleveland cycle world show. The Goldentyre tires look nice! when i wear out my maxis i will buy some. To bad i just got some Goodyears.Just so you know I like the golden tyre for the price. The Dot stamp is nice but really doesn't matter to me. Also found out my maxxis are 2007's

Attachments

• Chris Carr 001.jpg
    Chris Carr 001.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Chris Carr 002.jpg
    Chris Carr 002.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Chris Carr 003.jpg
    Chris Carr 003.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 336
Back